Another new 2009. Another Fuel Drip.

Pseudo-Fed

Reaction score
Visit site
LOL. Posted after I got my "last" "Sarah" that she drips a few drops of fuel out of the overflow hose when parked in full sun. Happens whether tank is full or almost empty. Then a friend got his 2009 blue used, and we park in the same spot. His spews a few drops when it gets hot too. Then I bought my new one this past Tuesday and parked it there. We are only in full sun for 2 hours due to parking under oak tree limbs and near a 14 story building where the shadow from the building hits the bike about 2:00 pm. Yep, my new Sarah drips fuel to. Line is not pinched. Tank is not too full-just to the filler neck. I just think some gas condenses or naturally makes its way in there.

No big problem as I'm used to it. My 2007 VTX1800 which I sold this week did it too, though not as regularly. Just need to be sure I don't park her to close to the pilot light flames on my two gas water heaters!

Gotta find a name for the issue...:BLAA:

:D I had tank off the bike and upside down on towel when working on it in the sun one day. Even upside down the heat made a couple drops of gas seep out the overflow!

Back