Work to do after 28k without maintenance?

REAPERMANIA

Reaction score
Visit site
Hello everyone.
Just like the titles said, I bought a 2006 FZ6 not long ago and only did 3k km with it so far. I'm 17 and don't have a lot of experience with bike maintenance since this is the first thing I've ridden except a scooter.

Odometer is at 28/29k ridden but only 3k by me but the last owner never did maintenance(or so he told me) on it.
What should I do on it?

I've already got the spark plugs changed, a new battery and I had to send it to a garage because my gas tank had water in it which caused rust because my gas cap lets water trough it. My brakes both have 50/60% left on them(the garage told me that).
It runs and I know I have to change the chain, tires and clutch soon but I'm not sure if this is all I need to do or if I got much more to do and if so could I get a list of things I need to do?

Thank you

Gary in NJ

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
There is no required maintenance at that mileage interval. Replace things that worn or broken, and enjoy the bike until you reach 40,000km, that is when the valves are due for an adjustment.

Ben sIII

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
so a bike that old if it has never had maintenance, i would do the fluids, brake lines possibly have some moisture, the cooling system because why not it is easy to do, and of course the oil and filter