Another Texas Boy

tamucc2004

Reaction score
Visit site
Im Chris and live S TX. Rockport actually. But picked up a 09 FZ6 with 3200miles yesterday and very excited to get working on it. Bike was low sided in gravel on the left side but just monor dent in tank and mostly destroyed the lights and gauges and such. But I also almost feel like I stole the bike for what I paid for it so its all good. I have been in the track race scene for a bit on R6's and Motards and a few other street bikes and dirt bikes so have a million parts laying around. Have a 05 R6 track bike so think I have most the parts to do a front end swap. Going to try to fit some DB Fat bars on and street fighter headlight. Cam swap, PC3, and exhaust and maybe some new pegs for a good list to start.

Anyway here is a pic of the bike as it sits now. Looking forward to starting getting parts in and digging thru what I already have.

0FFFEC5A-C303-424D-B8AF-3E36084F6DA2-686-000000E4ACA2233A_zps3ac0e840.jpg

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
:welcome:to the best bike forum on the WWW!

Sound like you have both riding and wrenching experience. As well as a bunch of rides! :rockon:

tamucc2004

Reaction score
Visit site
LOL riding avid for a few years now. And def like tinkering with the bikes when it not 1000* in the garage. I like to buy wrecked bikes and fix them up but thinking Im going to hold on to this one for a little bit.

Thanks for the welcome

dpaul007

Reaction score
Visit site
Welcome from up north! Fixing up bikes is something I'd love to get in to! And that rear tire looks really shiny, did someone Armor All that or did the bike just get a bath?!

tamucc2004

Reaction score
Visit site
HAHA Bike just got a bath. It has been sitting up for about a year and was covered in dust and dirt so did a quick run thru the car wash.

mxgolf

Motoup
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
:welcome: to a fantastic forum and motorcycle. Some advice please ride safe
with all the gear and enjoy the ride. Good to have you on the forum. :thumbup:

tamucc2004

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks and I can promise I always wear full gear as in Helmet, jacket, back protector, gloves, knee/shin gaurds, boots, and reinforced jeans if not full leathers on back roads. I unfortunately learned the hard way a few times how bad it hurts not to wear gear, and also just how amazing gear works with some nasty wrecks at the track. Oh and def not cheaping out on gear either. But looking forward to this bike and getting a fun little all around bike.