Anyone clear on the FZ6 versions? (ST/STC)

talus

Reaction score
Visit site
So I have an 2005 FZ6 (Canadian model) and I'm trying to figure out what version it is?

I see the manual is for the ST and STC versions, so which is mine?

talus

Reaction score
Visit site
Ok. So follow-up question, when I'm looking for parts in the USA can I use either the 2005 model ST or STC as equivalent?

I'm assuming the USA designates are ST/STC as per the service manual. To be specific I'm looking at some replacement plastic and it's nearly $100 cheaper out of the USA.... BODY, FRONT UPPER 1 = 5VX-2835G-00-00

Last edited:

GAH

Reaction score
Visit site
I have an '06' FZ6V/C and the (C) refers to the California only model. There are some differences in the emmissions equipment like a charcoal canister for fuel vapor venting and vacuum pressure sensor.

GConn

Squid hater
Reaction score
Visit site
ok, I know that FZ6-SS is 2004-05 models, I think 06 is FZ6-SA and 07 is FZ6-ST.
This is a mess...I had the same problem myself, distinguishing the model names.

talus

Reaction score
Visit site
So I pulled out my owners manual (not that that is a definitive source) and the cover of it says it is an FZ6-ST (manual part# 5VX-28199-71).

My "Model Label", on the sticker under the seat is 5VXA-010 --- and under that is the letter A.

The VIN sticker doesn't look like it has anything definitive on it other than the date of manufacture -- 03/05 (Mar 2005).

If enough of us chime in with our info we'll be able to sort this out --- the model label under the seat and year of manufacture is key (I think). The country where it was sold will also be a factor. Anyone got any ideas/input??

Maybe we can fix up this Wikipedia entry as well... Yamaha FZ6 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

watermark.php

Last edited: