Anyone Know First Hand Pro's & Con's of the Fz6r

Hutchmaster34

Sparkie
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Hey guys and gals, one of my friends is looking for a bike and he was pretty attracted to the fz6r and I was just curious about the bike. I know the HP is lower somewhere around 78 i think. I'm mainly wondering about some of the good and bad about it. I know I could go on the sister site but I don't want any bias opinions. Cause lord knows how bias I am of my bike lol

Amorousnerdium

Elite Member
Reaction score
www.jasonwoodcock.biz
Hey guys and gals, one of my friends is looking for a bike and he was pretty attracted to the fz6r and I was just curious about the bike. I know the HP is lower somewhere around 78 i think. I'm mainly wondering about some of the good and bad about it. I know I could go on the sister site but I don't want any bias opinions. Cause lord knows how bias I am of my bike lol

Less horsepower, more plastics, and a less comfortable seat...

I had this same decision to make when I bought my FZ6 last year... A 2010 FZ6R or a 2006 FZ6... After six months on the FZ6 and having ridden a few buddies FZ6R, I am glad I went with the FZ6.

RacerChick621

Reaction score
Visit site
I am brand new to riding street bikes and I just purchased my first one...I shopped around all over and the dealer that I ended up buying from talked to me about both bikes. I originally thought I liked the FZ6r better....after sitting on both of them and test driving the FZ6 is DEF the better choice. The FZ6r did not feel comfortable it seemed very wide and it did not seem to handle as nice as the FZ6.
I am not sure about the rest of it, but I only heard great things about the FZ6 and I LOVE it!!!

rino60

Reaction score
Visit site

TBH, the fz6 and the fz6r shouldn't actually share a namesake, as they are two completely different machines. The FZ6R looks pretty damn fine from the side, but it makes less sense for me for a bike. It offers less power and torque, has a heavier steel tube frame as opposed to our aluminium cast frame, a smaller fuel tank - which will offer less range. It has a different swingarm setup (which actually makes it easier to lift/lower, but you cannot adjust the shock to suit your riding style/comfort), a smaller rear tyre, different brakes. It is a wholly different bike.

Having said that, it is usually learner approved, smoother to ride for someone not comfortable with either bike (but somewhat less exciting) and could be a very respectable first (then second if derestricted) bike. Keep in mind though, that parts and accessories are a little more scarce, with the bike only having been in production for a few short years.