Are you tired of people telling you that you have a headlight out?

fz6joker

Damn Hooligan
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I just found this on the net. I can't count how many times (before the dual headlight mod) that I had to tell people that my headlight wasn't out, that my bike was made that way. Some smart guy or gal out there made a freakin t-shirt explaining the way that fz's are made. I can't wait to get mine in the mail.

Headlight Trauma Yamaha FZ6 t-shirt

Botch

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S!!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
This has been a recurring theme since I joined this forum in '07. The gentleman I bought my bike from explained that, with two headlights at night, a car from the other direction may see you as a bike with two lights, or he may see you as a car a long distance away (since your two lights are so close together). Since he's probably on his cellphone he'll assume the latter, and make a left turn right in front of you. It's for this reason I have not done the "dual-lowbeam-headlight" mod.

And, oddly, I've yet to have a single person tell me I have a headlight out! :confused:

fz6joker

Damn Hooligan
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
The dual headlight mod was my first mod to the fz. In the course of a couple of months I had to explain my headlights at least once a day. I guess I did ride into the city a lot then but I got really tired of explaining. The thing was that the people were just trying to be nice and let me know my headlight was out BUT after hearing it over and over it just got super annoying.

Edit: I have a friend with an 08' R1, his came from the factory with dual headlights. So whats up with that?

Last edited:

Yatz86

Chick Magnet
Reaction score
Visit site
sometimes there are ppl telling me that my headlight is out...but doesnt occur always...anyway i think having 1 headlight on is better than two on simultaneously cause if that lighted 1 blows, we got another side for lighting.

Red Wazp

Reaction score
Visit site
I did the dual headlight mod as soon as I found out how to do it. I want to be seen day and night.
Most bikes with dual headlights have both on (including my FJR) all the time. Did I mention I want to be seen?

W

wrightme43

Arrrrgggghhhh Shirts that dont suck.

He is cool, rides a FZ and is a fellow member of the UTMC.

SovietRobot

Scourge Of Humanity
Reaction score
Visit site
This has been a recurring theme since I joined this forum in '07. The gentleman I bought my bike from explained that, with two headlights at night, a car from the other direction may see you as a bike with two lights, or he may see you as a car a long distance away (since your two lights are so close together). Since he's probably on his cellphone he'll assume the latter, and make a left turn right in front of you. It's for this reason I have not done the \"dual-lowbeam-headlight\" mod.

And, oddly, I've yet to have a single person tell me I have a headlight out! :confused:

Yeah well I've had a dozen people tell me "you have a headlight out" AND I've had people turn left in front of me at night while using single lowbeam, the last time resulting in me highsiding after the truck contacted my rear tire.

So...I'm doing the headlight mod.

SovietRobot

Scourge Of Humanity
Reaction score
Visit site
sometimes there are ppl telling me that my headlight is out...but doesnt occur always...anyway i think having 1 headlight on is better than two on simultaneously cause if that lighted 1 blows, we got another side for lighting.

That's like saying owning two bikes is useless because if you only own one bike and it breaks down you have a car. :Flash::Flash::Flash:

steveindenmark

Older Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I have the headlight mod done with brighter bulbs so they don`t say it to me.

But they do say "Bloody hell your lights are bright", So at least it is working.

I have had the t-shirt and worn it out.

Steve

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site

Well... now you have done it... I had never been told that i had a headlight out before i made that proclamation on this forum.... Now it happens all the time...:spank:

keira

Mrs. Reiobard
Reaction score
Visit site
Well... now you have done it... I had never been told that i had a headlight out before i made that proclamation on this forum.... Now it happens all the time...:spank:

And I laugh when it happens, because my SV has dual low beams :) No mod necessary

Symba2000

Reaction score
Visit site
I've gotten the "headlight is out" comment a few times already since owning the bike.

As is recommended in the DMV Handbook, you should ride with your high beams on, day or night.

I've gotten high-beamed back once at a stoplight... I guess he didn't like my high beams :D