August 20th - NY rt.9, 9D, 9W along Hudson

Re: August 13th (tentative)- NY rt.9, 9D, 9W along Hudson

Bumpty-Bump on sports pub/museum possible stop for lunch and the direction of the route - what say you?

a) Start on east side in Croton, up to Newburgh, cross, down to Bear Mt.

b) Start on west side around Congers Lake, up to Bear Mt., up to Newburgh, cross, down to Croton.

Once again, the new date is August 20th

Guys, a co-worker just mentioned this bar & museum:

The Stadium

Your vote, what say you?

This IS a great place to eat and is located outside of a lot of things and fairly remote. This is a normal place for me and my buds to go eat. There are a couple of other resturaunts around, but nothing out of the ordinary like this one. There is a good BYOB pizza place (Primo's) located in new windsor as well but Stadium is better in my opinion. Also along the river right by the bridge on the route is a good BBQ joint with bar and some other shops. Great atmosphere!

If you are into sight-seeing and what not, I would recommend stopping by West Point. The 20th is the first Saturday after classes and also "Ring Weekend" for the Corps of Cadets. The only thing is with motorcycles, you must have a reflective Top on to get on post. If this is something everyone would like to do, I can facilitate getting enough for those who don't have one.

Last edited:

20th sounds good to me. That's about 2 hours from me. Erci, maybe we can ride together if we both decide to go.

I'm in as long as there is NO chance of rain. I just need a final destination to meet and the time so I can put it in the GPS and get there on time.

This looks nice! Should we set up the meeting point there - does it get crowded and is there a decent size parking?

Thanks

Tim

i only went there twice and there was barely anyone there when i went the first time, the second time there was a girl scout meeting there so just like 10 adults and 20 kids:rolleyes:

i'm heading up there tomorrow or the next day w my gf so ill snap some pics of the parking lots w my phone theyre pretty decent... there is a parkin fee for cars and i asked the young attendant do motorcycles have to pay? and he said no hopefully this applies as well if there are more of us ....

As for being the meeting point when you type the name of park in your gps there might be 2 options to choose from, one leads you to the top of the dam(bike path) and the other leads you the actual park with the nice view and parking lots

as for bringing a couple friends that was a FAIL. My friend carlos sold his bike (03' kawi 636) three days ago to buy a civic:spank:.
278841_2184899148140_1416858505_2521875_5922400_o-1.jpg

And my other friend is going back to his college early for R.A training the following monday so his bike is stored away.:confused:

but enough of my pouting...ill keep you posted w/ the pics and stuff and try to get u an exact address of the place

Ok, I'm keeping an eye on the weather, and as of today it shows 20% chance of T-storms. I think I'm up for taking a chance as of now, especially given that the forecast changes daily ;-) Let's make Thr morning the final decision point so everybody still have time to make plans if weather messes up the plan. Shoot me a PM with your phone if you think you are going.:rockon:

What time would you want to meet up - I'd like to do as early as possible, but my drive there may not be the longest.

So far:

Let's meet up here This is a small parking lot by the Croton Gorge Park.

Dec. Coordinates:
Lat: 41.225897
Long: -73.857718

D/M/S Coordinates:
Lat: 41° 13' 33.2292"
Long: -73° 51' 27.7848"

Next rally point, should probably be the parking lot/scenic overlook on Bear Mountain Bridge Rd. and from there, continue by the map

I'm totally cool with 20% chance and will even do 30% chance of rain. Unless of course it looks like a washout. Damn weather people are wrong quite a bit!

Sent from my Samsung Epic using Tapatalk Pro.

I am in for Sat ride. Will take the trip up that way with SD Willie.

It's a pretty cool ride with nice views of Perkins Tower and overlook.

30% chance of rain is really nothing. Wouldn't bother me one bit.

Here's a few photos from prior trips

Last edited:

I'm jealous. Hope you all have a great ride!

Do you have a rough estimate at what time you expect to hit Bear Mt? I'm thinking of riding down to just say Hi and meet some forum members. From here to Bear Mt and back is a day ride in itself...........

Do you have a rough estimate at what time you expect to hit Bear Mt? I'm thinking of riding down to just say Hi and meet some forum members. From here to Bear Mt and back is a day ride in itself...........

I am thinking of doing the same thing. To get to their meet point is 2.5 hours, but Bear Mountain is right next to school so I'd like to meet some people who have helped me along on my Motorcycle endeavors.

:rockon: Looks like we should rename this one to Northeast Get-together ;)
This is great.

If we leave the meet place by Croton Gorge around 8:30-9, with all stops and going through Newburgh, I'm thinking the Bear Mt. ETA is around 11 - 11:30. I dont know about others, but if there are that many people coming to Bear Mt, I dont mind hanging out on top to wait for them. By the looks of it from the satellite photos, there is plenty of room to park.

At Perkins tower (where the views are) there's a ton of parking and alot of bikes congregate up there.

But from our starting point in croton, I don't think it will even take an hour to get there. Never actually timed it but we've made it to Bear Mtn from mid Nassau County Long Island in about 1.5 hours

At Perkins tower (where the views are) there's a ton of parking and alot of bikes congregate up there.

+1 :thumbup:

heres some pix of the parking lot at croton gorge park:
photo2-5.jpg

photo3-4.jpg

more parking in the back:
photo1-4.jpg

how many people goin so far?

But from our starting point in croton, I don't think it will even take an hour to get there. Never actually timed it but we've made it to Bear Mtn from mid Nassau County Long Island in about 1.5 hours

Understood. I've done that trip once but i did get lost. A lot ;). ok, so what time should we start, and should we extend the ride before we get to Bear Mtn?

PS: could mods change the date in the header to Aug 20th, please? :thumbup:
Title changed to 20th
Have a great ride, if possible a picture of NY in the background would be cool.
Nelly

Back