August 20th - NY rt.9, 9D, 9W along Hudson

Dmitrius

Reaction score
Visit site
Stupid question, I'm new to riding so don't laugh.. Isn't it bad for the bike to ride in the rain? That is really my only concern... I don't have rain gear but I can tough it out for a few hours for my ride home. Especially with 20-40% chance of rain in the afternoon only..

No, it's not bad for the bike. I've ridden my bike in all sorts of rain and it still looks nice and shiny after 5+ years. Just wash and lube the chain after :thumbup:

Dmitrius

Reaction score
Visit site
I am tentatively in. I've already got plans for the 20th. Hope they don't work out :D Last time I went on a big group ride was in '07 with people from SBN. It was lots of fun.

Full Throttle

Reaction score
Visit site
No, it's not bad for the bike. I've ridden my bike in all sorts of rain and it still looks nice and shiny after 5+ years. Just wash and lube the chain after :thumbup:

I live in a Condo so I will have to wash it at a friends house. I will also need to buy lube.

Thanks guys! I think I'm in for the ride then. Need to grab my GPS and find out how long it says it will take. Google says 2 hours to the park. So meet at the park then off to the mountain?

Smersh

The Pillaging Tatar
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I live in a Condo so I will have to wash it at a friends house. I will also need to buy lube.

Thanks guys! I think I'm in for the ride then. Need to grab my GPS and find out how long it says it will take. Google says 2 hours to the park. So meet at the park then off to the mountain?

yep. I show about two hours too. And if we are moving at a good pace, we can swing by Orange County Choppers.

Have2BeFree, MUTCHYMAN, are you, guys, coming down to meet us at Bear Mtn?

Smersh

The Pillaging Tatar
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Latest Map

As I dont have much to do in my office today and i'm utterly bored, I'll try to post up coordinates for each rally point, for those who'll be loading them into GPS.

Latest weather: 30% chance of T-storms, mostly in afternoon

At the last count, we got:

In:
S.D Willie (+1~2)
Smersh (+1)
Full Throttle
AlexL
crazy_dave (+1)
QwickFliCk
FB400
Have2BeFree

Tentative:
Hoshiko
Dmitrius

Meeting at Bear Mtn:
MUTCHYMAN

Last edited:

Have2BeFree

It's My Bike!
Reaction score
Visit site
yep. I show about two hours too. And if we are moving at a good pace, we can swing by Orange County Choppers.

Have2BeFree, MUTCHYMAN, are you, guys, coming down to meet us at Bear Mtn?

Yes I'm still planning on meeting you there. I'm trying to find a friend or two to ride down with me but regardless, I will be there.

Planning my route today.

Orange County Choppers? Hmmmm................

S.D.Willie

Reaction score
www.youtube.com
Latest Map

As I dont have much to do in my office today and i'm utterly bored, I'll try to post up coordinates for each rally point, for those who'll be loading them into GPS.

Latest weather: 30% chance of T-storms, mostly in afternoon

At the last count, we got:

In:
S.D Willie (+1~2)
Smersh (+1)
Full Throttle
AlexL
crazy_dave (+1)
QwickFliCk
FB400

Tentative:
Hoshiko
Dmitrius

Meeting at Bear Mtn:
Have2BeFree
MUTCHYMAN

Tim we will be meeting at the Bayside Marina off the cross island at about 7:30am. That will give us plenty of time to make the 46.x miles to make it to salad crouton park. FB400 doesn't know this yet unless he is reading this post. lol.

Smersh

The Pillaging Tatar
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
So, as promised, the coordinates for GPS, in case if anybody is interested:

-73.857819,41.225761 - Starting Point at Croton Gorge Park
-73.970604,41.312023 - First stopping point - a parking lot overlooking Hudson - usually they have a stand with water and/or snack
-73.975502,41.471802 - "via" point to route through 9D
-73.973282,41.515388 - another "via" point - same purpose
-74.021614,41.498665 - "via" point in Newburgh
-73.985474,41.435036 - Another stop - small stop overlooking Hudson from west side.
-74.078049,41.322990 - "via" point to avoid going through Highland Falls
-74.007210,41.311371 - Bear Mtn.
-73.924347,41.340424 - The Stadium

I posted a .kml file as well - it was generated by NDrive - Google Maps just loads points w/o routing (just copy the link location and paste it into Search) , not sure if other software will run it.

QwickFliCk

Manly Man Member
Reaction score
Visit site
do you know how to get to the park we are all meeting up at...it would make sense to ride togethr.

Yea i kno the way its a quick 25 min ride...lets meet up at 745 at kardash park n we out from there..hopefully there is no traffic

FB400

Reaction score
Visit site
Add another rider to the list. Known this guy for several years as we both worked in the same company.

Rides a sportster. Yeah I know what you think. :rolleyes:

But this guy is very cool. not at all dirtbagish, ahem.. sorry I am allowed to say that.

His name is Elu. He will meet us at Croton park in Westchester

Full Throttle

Reaction score
Visit site
Almost a total disaster.. Ordered a new GPS mount for the bike. Installed it just in time for this ride. Just went to install a update on my GPS and reformated the whole thing by accident. Luckily I was able to install a map pack on the SD card which saved the GPS unit. So I will see you all in the morning! Getting up at 5 AM to get the bike ready since its been under the cover due to rain.

Last edited:

crazy dave

Reaction score
Visit site
so how did the rest of the ride go from bear mt? i had a great time meeting everyone that went and looking forward to another group ride hopefully.

S.D.Willie

Reaction score
www.youtube.com
so how did the rest of the ride go from bear mt? i had a great time meeting everyone that went and looking forward to another group ride hopefully.

Was very cool. We tagged along with my 2 friends (zx-14, ducati multistrada) and took rt 213 then went northwest of newburgh. it was very curvy and lotsa fun. Was very cool meeting you guys today for sure. I have great stories to tell of bikes breaking down and projectile license plates flying at my head on the freeway. most excellent! lol

Last edited: