Aussie Law and Pod Light Mods

Mandy27

Bikerbayb
Reaction score
Visit site
Hi Guys,

I recently put some blue led globes into my pod lights and I think they look really good. However I was wondering are they allowed under Australian (Vic) road rules. I have read through the Road rules legislation and haven't found any mention of side lights or running lights apart from trucks!. Has anyone else in Oz looked into this or had a run in with the law over the blue pod lights?.

Cheers
Mandy

In S.A the only forward facing lights allowed are white ,thats why I changed my amber pods to indicators instead.Could be different in Vic though ?

Maybe I've been lucky, but I haven't had any problems in the last few years since I made up some blue Led pod lights for my fazer. I've been pulled over a few times for random breath tests and noone's ever asked me about them. That's not to say they're legal, just the officer at the time didn't have time to pursue the issue.
I'm not sure what the Vic police are like, they used to have a reputation of shoot to kill...lol

bb

Im running a Blue LED on the front of my bike up here in QLD , ive followed numerous coppers and been pulled over by an RBT unit once and so far there has been no drama's , i may just have been lucky though :thumbup:.......Up here in QLD there is a rule about lights not causing other motorists to become Bedazzled :confused: , i often wonder if my bike is legal then because it Bedazzles me everytime i look at her :D.....

Im running a Blue LED on the front of my bike up here in QLD , ive followed numerous coppers and been pulled over by an RBT unit once and so far there has been no drama's , i may just have been lucky though :thumbup:.......Up here in QLD there is a rule about lights not causing other motorists to become Bedazzled :confused: , i often wonder if my bike is legal then because it Bedazzles me everytime i look at her :D.....

I know what you mean by being Bedazzled, your bike is naked and it looks cool my bike has the fairing and the blue makes it look awesome from the front.

I think I may leave them in, I can always try and batter my eyelids if there is an issue, but buzzbomb is right vic cops do tend to shoot to kill, must be a bonus on revenue raising or something?

cheers

I know what you mean by being Bedazzled, your bike is naked and it looks cool my bike has the fairing and the blue makes it look awesome from the front.

I think I may leave them in, I can always try and batter my eyelids if there is an issue, but buzzbomb is right vic cops do tend to shoot to kill, must be a bonus on revenue raising or something?

cheers

Here's a quick shot of my led podlights...
I've seen a few other fazers running blue lights, but couldn't find any off the shelf, so I made my own!:cheer:
bb

Here's a quick shot of my led podlights...
I've seen a few other fazers running blue lights, but couldn't find any off the shelf, so I made my own!:cheer:
bb

Looks good Buzz. Have you ever been stopped by the cops for them though??

I would love to do it, but being a commuter around the suburbs, don't think I'd last long before they got me!!

:)

Looks good Buzz. Have you ever been stopped by the cops for them though??

I would love to do it, but being a commuter around the suburbs, don't think I'd last long before they got me!!

:)

Thanks Stumbles, I haven't had any probs from the lights, but nearly all of my riding is in the country, or weekend rides to Adelaide. I'd love to use my bike to commute but shift work makes it hard. Too many roos at 5am!
How far do you commute to work each day, Stumbles?

Cheers!
BB

Back