Back after long time... Confused and in need of advice..

racing_fan

Not so Junior Member
Reaction score
picasaweb.google.com
Hi all!!

I user to be on this forum a couple of year back but the combination of having our first baby, buying a place and switching jobs all within a year meant that the Fazer (and the forum visits) stopped cold.

First things first... I am sure this site was called fz6-forums... what the hell happened??

2nd,

The bike has been parked up for about 20 months, and been ridden maybe 750 miles since the last service 3 years ago, garaged and on battery tender.. and I am looking to get it on the road again..

The question is, whats the bare minimum work/checks that I need to do (apart from the obvious brakes/tyres/chain safety checks) to get it on the road? I am only good for basic maintenance but money is tight and I have decided to try and work on it myself to save some cash..

Feels good even thinking about being back on the road...

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Welcome back! There was an issue with copy write that Yamaha was unhappy with so our leader did some changes and a lot of work to keep us all together. I know I'm grateful to Dennis for all he's done and continues to do for us.:rockon:

On servicing besides what you've touched on. I think you Blokes in the UK may have higher service requirement for the head bearing so I would check that and repack or replace as required. Chain (Clean and lube) oil (filter), coolant and bleed the brakes if they haven't been done.

The most important is your safety keeping in mind that you'll want to re bond to your bike so to speak. If you've been off a while you'll want to ease back in and also give yourself time listen and feel what the bike is up to. Re-feel things for hard stopping and swerving etc.

Again..:welcome:back!

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Last edited:

racing_fan

Not so Junior Member
Reaction score
picasaweb.google.com
Thanks guys... Had the TPS done about4 years ago... the guy said bike has had it done before but what the hell ill do it again as it had gone bad again... for free... Blah

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
One other thing, if you can drain the fuel tank fully (R&R would be best, flip over) and flush would be very good. You don't want to suck any rust particles into the pump filter.

The bike will run crappy too JUST with the OLD fuel.. :thumbup: