Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
:welcome: to this great forum!

Have you pulled the pump assembly to see of it might be something other than the sensor?

There is a process removing the pump assembly so as not to damage the unit. You should be able to use the search function here to find a lot of great info on this.

Here's some great info done by FinalImpact.

https://www.600riders.com/forum/fz6...ttery-charging-brake-bleeding.html#post579362

Last edited:

Gberry

Reaction score
Visit site
yes tank was full of rust pump was toast electrostatically cleaned tank and sealed with red coat. bought and installed fleabay used pump and housing runs great but get 8 flashes on guage current sender has bad wire connection( female connector on sender badly corroded and broken)
have ordered a fuel sender for a 2006 scion xb automobile looks to be the same configuration I am hoping that if I reverse wires to sender it will work in reverse order as cars have fuel pumps installed from top of tank have no idea if it will work. will post results

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm not understanding how the sender unit from a Scion would work in place of the sender on the FZ6 fuel pump. It looks to me as if the sender on the FZ6 pump is a wiper that uses DC reference. Reversing wires on it should not reverse the reading.

harveyvo

Reaction score
Visit site

Ohendo

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I bought the sender from here https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32848799718.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.19ef4c4dB5j4nw
The design match 100% but the value was reverted, you must reverse the wire endpoint. Like that Awesome Screenshot

Just want to let you know you helped a member on Reddit with your replacement sender above. I peruse the FZ6 forum sub there every now and then...cross referenced that user's issue with our great forum and found your answer. Sent him the info, he performed the wire mod as you did and he now has a functioning fuel gauge (Mostly...Apparently his scaling is off, and when tank is full the fuel gauge is flashing all bars...but after using up a bit of fuel the gauge does indeed track).

Great 'out of the box' thinking, Harvey!

Last edited: