Need Help Battery cover and cable harnesses

Cloggy

Euro Mod
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Long time no speak, but here I am with a FZ6 question. I'm finally selling my FZ6 (yup I just couldn't part with it). My question is has anyone a photo or picture of how the cables and plugs neatly sit around the battery. The battery has been out of the bike for a couple of years and now I come to putting it bachk in and I can't seem to figure how everything fits in :( .
On you tube there are several films of how to do it but I can't find the same configuration as mine (2007 FZ6 Fazer ABS).
I seem to have a plastic "box" extra. And I can't totally see how the big cable is secured at the back.
Anyway the bikes getting picked up tomorrow and it would be handy if I can fit the battery (without trapping any wires).
Does anyone have a pic to show how these all fit neatly.
Thanks

Attachments

• ABS spare.jpg
    ABS spare.jpg
    218.5 KB · Views: 9
  • Battery.jpg
    Battery.jpg
    489.4 KB · Views: 11
  • Stay bzttery.jpg
    Stay bzttery.jpg
    266.4 KB · Views: 10
  • parts .png
    parts .png
    54.2 KB · Views: 12

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Martin! Hope you and family are doing well!
Sorry I don't have an answer on the routing question.

Cloggy

Euro Mod
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Martin! Hope you and family are doing well!
Sorry I don't have an answer on the routing question.
Thanks Cliff think I'm getting there, there just seems to be a lot of cables to fit neatly under the tank, and especially the black box with ABS on it.

Yes family is doing well my 2 girls are in further education now so both "grown up" ;)
Finally went on holiday this year, did a road trip (in the car) in Canada, we drove around Nova Scotia and back through Quebec, Montreal, Ottawa, Niagra falls and Toronto, we all had a great time.

Still ride a lot on my Tracer 900, I'll be organizing a long weekend away with my work next year (40 people on bikes) so looking forward 2 that.
I'll miss my FZ6 even if it was just looking at it in the garage for the last few years.

Hope things are good your end and hope you have an amazing new year

Last edited:

Cloggy

Euro Mod
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
After a bit of puzzling I got it reasonably arranged. As I said the extra fuse holder for the ABS which was on a mount made it a bit awkward.
This was the best I could get it but still think there could have been a bit more play on the cables.

Well the bike got picked up today, I guess I never used it but I'll miss admiring it in the garage :)

I"m still curious if this is the way the wiring was from factory, if anyone with an ABS FZ6 opens it up please take a pic for me. Thanks for listening and ride safe.

Attachments

• BatteryFZ6.jpg
    BatteryFZ6.jpg
    253.6 KB · Views: 10
  • Wires FZ6.jpg
    Wires FZ6.jpg
    335.4 KB · Views: 12