Battery saver for dual headlight setups

Is this something you might be interested in

• Nah, I have no need for this, my switch works just fine.

Votes: 3 5.1%
  • Yep, sounds like a "gotta have"

Votes: 9 15.3%
  • Maybe, depends on price

Votes: 27 45.8%
  • Don't need this, my bike is just fine the way it is.

Votes: 20 33.9%

• Total voters

seacliff

Reaction score
Visit site
I know this might be a bit late.. but did you guys ever considered a development board (rasberry pi or the like) as the board?

The Rasberry Pi board is raughtly the size of a credit card and cost 35$.

Themadclowns

Reaction score
Visit site
I actually had the same problem for the first year or so of doing the dual headlight mod. killed my battery because of it to... My problem was that I ride when water freezes and below, so, naturally I am kickin heated handlebar grips and a heated jacket as well..... So, the jacket and bars have adjustments so when its my hands that are suffering and my core is fine, i adjust accordingly. I decided to install a simple inline switch that basically breaks the signal from the bike so that i can control this as well. Worked beautifully and cost me about 6 bucks and a couple connectors. The other thing I did that made even more of a difference is buy a Lion Battery :-D which can sit for a year and still have 90% charge left. Anything that adds a level of control over this bikes poor charging system is *thumbs up* by me.

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I actually had the same problem for the first year or so of doing the dual headlight mod. killed my battery because of it to... My problem was that I ride when water freezes and below, so, naturally I am kickin heated handlebar grips and a heated jacket as well..... So, the jacket and bars have adjustments so when its my hands that are suffering and my core is fine, i adjust accordingly. I decided to install a simple inline switch that basically breaks the signal from the bike so that i can control this as well. Worked beautifully and cost me about 6 bucks and a couple connectors. The other thing I did that made even more of a difference is buy a Lion Battery :-D which can sit for a year and still have 90% charge left. Anything that adds a level of control over this bikes poor charging system is *thumbs up* by me.

Almost sounds like you're saying your system has failed because of a dual head light mod. Your bike is designed to run a low beam and a high beam all day and all night while riding the bike where the rpm is above idle. The dual head light mod actually uses 10 watts less than having your hi beam on. Any charging system that is taxed beyond it's design will fail. The heated grips and jacket will use much more current than an extra headlamp filament. :)

Themadclowns

Reaction score
Visit site
Almost sounds like you're saying your system has failed because of a dual head light mod. Your bike is designed to run a low beam and a high beam all day and all night while riding the bike where the rpm is above idle. The dual head light mod actually uses 10 watts less than having your hi beam on. Any charging system that is taxed beyond it's design will fail. The heated grips and jacket will use much more current than an extra headlamp filament. :)

:eek: yes... yes it does sound like that doesn't it. That is what you get for posting at 3am! Definitely did not mean to imply that the headlight mod is my problem (in spite of what my alter ego may have posted at 3am... :ban:) I guess I meant that I, very simply, added a level of control over it. Basically, the control allows me the ability to set either my vest or gloves 1 step higher than I normally would with my 2nd headlight on. Not much difference, but noticeable when the breath leaving the bottom of your helmet freezes to the front of your jacket.