Beating a dead horse that I've searched on this site already.

teko89

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey, so I think I've read all the airbox mod posts already so please don't tell me to search... So Im thinking of drilling 6 small 1/4" holes in the airbox. I will have installed a dynojet fuel controller just prior to this mod to richen up the fuel a bit as I have Delkevic pipes with no baffle and Im already probably running a bit lean. I LOVE the intake growl my GSXR 750 had, would this mod be anything similar to that sound? I know the GSXR is ram-aired so I know Fergy the Fazer wont growl as much as her haha, but i love that intake growl. I have a KandN filter too by the way. How many of you guys rock this modded airbox mod. Im moving to AZ this summer would this mod simply mean more cleaning for the KandN haha. Opinions please, thank you.

Johnny P

Reaction score
Visit site
Can you pick up another airbox off a parts bike and make the mod on that to see how it does? If it doesn't work out you can always put the original back on. Just a thought...

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
6 1/4" holes won't do much for you!
Most open the inlet in a more drastic fashion...

In your sunny state heat soak will hurt it more from low speeds. Little air flowing so engine and ambient heat combine to increase air temps. Cool dense air is desired. Hot dry air, less so.

Insulating the airbox would be good idea!