New BMC Air Filter & Airbox Mod!

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Well today i got round to fiiting my new BMC high performance Air Filter, and while i was out, i got out the rotary cutting tool and opened up my airbox, like so many others have done on this forum. Took me all of 45 minutes to do both.

Well if i thought my bike went better, breathed a lot better, and sounded a lot better after my Exhaust De-baffle, well after this little mod, and the new filter, my bike feels a lot different...way better.

Definitely crisper throttle response, and now i have a lovely, raucous induction roar, everytime i open up the taps, and the more i open them, the better the noise gets...almost drowns out the exhaust.

Dont know exactly how much HP i have gained, but it feels like a bit!

Cant wait to get the PCIII on now, and get the bike on a dyno!

Filter cost $112, with platinum club discount, and i already had the tools to cut the Airbox.

Have attached some photo's, have a look at the difference between the stock airfilter & the BMC item!

:rockon:

OZXJR

Super Moderator
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Nice work mate :thumbup:
Strange you did that as I was just thinking about the K&N air cleaner

EDIT: I will be interested to know about your fuel economy after a few weeks.

Last edited:

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I originally was going to go with the K&N...used their stuff for years on Cars & Bikes.

But was talked into the BMC...looks as well made as K&N, seems to work very nicely, fitted perfectly. Guess it could just come down to price.