Beer anyone?

dean2287

Easy Rider
Reaction score
Visit site
Aye, Drinky, there's another Grolsch man. Warstiener is another great import.

Fortunately, Canada has many great beers. I usually get Labatt Genuine Lager, Kokonee, or good ol' Molson Canadian. We have a local company called Big Rock that produces some excellent beers...Traditional, Honey Brown, and Grasshoper are a few. Then there's Sleeman's...too many good ones to list. Rickard's Red is another fine beer.

600ccdevil

Reaction score
Visit site
Here's to SUMMER TIME:rockon: Sunday rides, backyard BBQ's and your best ice cold Beer!

my go to is,

1.View attachment 16011
New York, USA
Hard to find at times, But the best black and tan I have ever had. (Bevmo is the only place I can find this beer)
2.Widmer Hefewiezen, Portland Or, USA
3.Heineken (Blond), Netherlands

Whats yours?

I LOVE Mississippi (SP?) Mud! I first had it when I lived in Floriduh and fell in love with it. I got some from one of those hippi food stores once..like henry's and such. It's around, just a little harder to find then Bud and all that other junk.

Botch

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S!!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Sippin' a Squatter's "Chasin' Tail" ale (local brew) right now. Squatter's has some great advertising on their beers, they love teasing the local mormons (like Evolution Pale Ale, "Quorum of the Twelve" (what they call their sampler 12-packs, also the name of the church leadership), St. Provo Girl, and advertising like "Bring some home for the wives"... :D

Other favorites are Kronenbourg (a French beer I can't get here :( ), Dos Equus, Sam Adams, and plain ol' Miller High Life, ice-cold (so sue me). ;)

FZ1inNH

********* w/ Twisted Fate
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Moved to the bar.... :D

Where I'm here to agree with Chuck. Hoppier and beer with a lot of flavor. That leaves out a great deal of the domestics.

Personally, I am a Sam Adams man and really enjoy the seasonal beers. Yesterday, I enjoyed too many of the Summer brews. :rolleyes:

Sawblade

Hopped up on Mountain Dew
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Shiner Bock in the Spring, Blonde and Hefe in the Summer, and their new Centennial Doppelbock when it's cold.

buccs40oz

Reaction score
Visit site
I really can't put a finger on it but as of late I have had a taste for cheap beer stuff like Pabst Blue Ribon AKA PBR or Olympia beer aka oly and Rainier beer but I have had a couple good stone brewing Arogant bastards in last day or two

PBR oh yeah. you got the cheap beer there. i liked orion beer when i was in Okinawa Japan.

Drinky

the Dutchguy
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
So true.. Just like Monty Python said in one of there skits "American beer is like making love in a canoe" "It's f**king close to water" :spank:

Yea I received a collection of different beers from a friend of mine last week for my birthday, it included bud,
emptied the bottle in no time, was like drinking water..
no wonder all the american parties include drinking beer like crazy,
its no where near as "hard" to drink as dutch/german/belgian beer.

wolfc70

R is for Rust Coloration
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Bells -HopSlam
New Glarus -Spotted Cow, Totally Naked, Coffee Stout, Uff-Da, Fat Squirrel, Celtic Stout
Schlitz
South Shore Brewery -Honey Pils
Central Waters Brewing Company -Ouisconsin Red Ale
Leinenkugels -Classic Amber, Northwoods Lager, Honey Weiss
Sprecher -Abbey Tripple
Any Sam Adams

Botch

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S!!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Bells -HopSlam
New Glarus -Spotted Cow, Totally Naked, Coffee Stout, Uff-Da, Fat Squirrel, Celtic Stout
Schlitz
South Shore Brewery -Honey Pils
Central Waters Brewing Company -Ouisconsin Red Ale
Leinenkugels -Classic Amber, Northwoods Lager, Honey Weiss
Sprecher -Abbey Tripple
Any Sam Adams
You mentioned Sam Adams, and Schlitz, in the same post...

:eyebrow:

:D

FZ1inNH

********* w/ Twisted Fate
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Yesterday I found a new beer I had yet to try. It was in the new Samuel Adams Brewmaster pack. Tonight, I finally had the perfect temperature on the new found case. I pulled out my very first Sam Adams Blackberry Witbeir. Popping the cap yielded a very distinctive blackberry smell (expected) but it was strong enough to make me wonder... Is this the Cranberry or Cherry Wheat revisited? (Two failures on Sam's part in MY beer book!) Thus, I braved the smell and gritted my teeth... I took the first mouthful and waited.... but not for long!!! WOW! This tastes absolutely fan-fricken-tastic! A not-so-strong blackberry flavor filled my taste-sams (I don't call them taste-buds anymore!) and I was VERY surprised with the wash of flavor and the spicy aftermath typical of a Sam's seasonal brew. Very CRISP comes to mind! Sweet but not overbearing. Ah!!! A dessert beer!

Now, I'm not an advocate of fruiting the beer but I think Sam Adams did right by this witbeir. I can only start scouring and discover WHERE can I get this by the case!

I wouldn't have this beer as your Sunday afternoon sports beer but for an after dinner beer, it is almost as good to me as a nice pint of Ben & Jerry's Peanut Butter Cup ice cream!

Do yourself a favor (only if you enjoy seasonal, flavorful and spicy beer) and go find this... give it a try. Report back and tell us what you thought of it!

I'm off for the second one and rather disappointed that only four come in the case! On the bright side, I can buy more cases to get the Blackberry Witbeir thus ending up with a lot of OTHER Sams at my beck and call!

:iconbeer: all! enjoy this, or at least your own favorite!

mxgolf

Motoup
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
OK I hate to brag but here is a couple of pictures of my beer collection. There are no American beers here. All imported or brought back from vacations and business travel. They are all seperated by country. I think I have about 1000. And I have generaly got two at a time and drank one and kept the other for my collection. The first picture is now and the second is about 20 years ago. I would hate to pick just one or two as my favorite. Some of the specialty Christmas beers are great. :iconbeer::iconbeer::iconbeer::iconbeer::iconbeer::iconbeer::iconbeer::iconbeer::iconbeer: SUCK UM UP! :thumbup: ACCEPT WHEN RIDING!