Best Helmet for Noise Reduction and Glasses

Marthy

Reaction score
Visit site

Clay350

Reaction score
Visit site
One word. Etymotic. Incredibly quiet and comfortable headsets and ear plugs. Has completely changed the dynamic of riding on the highway for me.

larcklorn

Reaction score
Visit site
Ok - went by the local BMW store this weekend and tried on some helmets. In the line up were:

1) Schuberth C3
2) Arai Signet Q
3) Shoei Qwest

There were a few others, but nothing worth mentioning. The Arai did not fit the top of my head that well - felt very crowded in there. The Schuberth and Shoie were nice with the Shoie probably fitting the best, but I really like all of the features on the C3.

Going to stop by a few other stores this week and keep testing my way through the mentioned brands.

Mudkipz137

Reaction score
Visit site
Ok - went by the local BMW store this weekend and tried on some helmets. In the line up were:

1) Schuberth C3
2) Arai Signet Q
3) Shoei Qwest

There were a few others, but nothing worth mentioning. The Arai did not fit the top of my head that well - felt very crowded in there. The Schuberth and Shoie were nice with the Shoie probably fitting the best, but I really like all of the features on the C3.

Going to stop by a few other stores this week and keep testing my way through the mentioned brands.

Whatever you get, fit is going to be the big concern. Get the one that feels comfortable on you. Good luck, lots of differing advice here.

filitosa

Reaction score
Visit site
I own the S1 and the S2. the S1 is very quiet. I am so disappointed in the S2 with respect to noise. I can't get it quiet unless i ride with a gentle throat hold with my left hand . Bummer!

polydoc

Reaction score
Visit site
I am no my second (only because i went down and the first one saved my life) shoei qwest. I love it, its super comfortable, fits any sunglasses/glasses I wear, is very quiet and reasonably priced. plus it is very good looking in matte black with a smoked visor. My dad has a shoei rf1100 and prefers my qwest over it. Plus Mine was quite a bit less expensive. Highly recommended. I've heard it is supposed to be their most quiet helmet. Don't forget u can always use ear plugs if the helmet that fits you best is not quiet enough for you.

nthdegreeburns

Reaction score
Visit site
I wear large prescription sunglasses and hipster-ish prescription glasses. If I had not found the Arai Signet-Q, I would've gone with the Shoei Rf-1100. The Arai has tons of room compared to most any other helmet I tried for the arms of my glasses. The Shoei was a close second if I'd not anted up for the Arai.

nthdegreeburns

Reaction score
Visit site
Also regarding the Arai fit around the head -- I had the same issue, and the Arai rep for a Cyclegear was nice enough to replace the stock pads on the next size up with a set of thicker pads. Fit has been great and not forehead hotspots.

Hobbesca

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Skull Screw ear plugs are what I use at work. Great plugs they can be worn for hours and still be comfy, I believe you can pick them up at Pep Boys. Those with my lid cut down the noise to a minimum level. ear plugs are cheap choice to start with rather than trying new lid.