Best Tires?

Vust123

Reaction score
Visit site
Im putting a new set of tires on my 06 fz6, whats everyones opinion for the best set of tires, price doesn't matter, just want a good quality tire.

what kind of rider are you ?

if your a straight up or distance rider and you want the tire to last as long as possible get a hard touring tire

if you like the curves and find yourself tearing through the mountains but enjoy a distance ride from time to time buy a sport touring 2ct tire

if you track your bike get a sport/performance tire

we all are very defensive over our tires and brands. so its a tuff question to get a good answer to.
ask your local dealer what the most popular sport touring tires have been lately (a honest dealer if thats posibble)

i have these in a 190
Michelin Motorcycle Tires

Yeah what he said it all comes down to what you want out of the tire, miles? Grip? Or both?

Probably down to the manufacturing process, but I've never heard of the Metzelers delaminating or melt and have chips flying off while the tyre explosively decompresses on the highway. (like the Michelins)

But, the most important thing, other than they were just voted no.1 in a fairly comprehensive test, the most important thing is they were (and are!) recommended by Humpy.....

'nuff said really!

Cheers,
Rick

Last edited:
I switched to the Bridgestone BT-023's about 1000 miles ago and am very impressed with them. Great all around tire that can handle spirited riding, wet roads, cruising, etc. Cant comment on longevity yet, but from what I have read it sounds like they can go the distance.

I got my set cheap off the motorcycle super store website. $238 shipped for the set.

Back