Help choosing right tires

allpas

Reaction score
Visit site
Hello to everyone one! New here! I need your help choosing the right tires for my fz6 98hp!

I bought it used with Bridgestone battlax s22 which right now have 10.000+ km on them! Tires were bought on early 2020.. ridden for 1500km...then the bike was closed to a garage for 2 years...i bought it and made the rest of them. Satisfied with them but with no experience with other tires!

I ride the bike every day on all conditions to go to work (40km total city environment) and on weekends i usually go off the city for fast walks . So am doing at least 160 km every month

What can you suggest me?
Also i am reading some have changed the rear tire dimensions to 190 over 180 ..or to 55 over 50... than the factory...

allpas

Reaction score
Visit site
I’d would use the recommended sizes and profiles. For a daily rider that is ridden in all weather, you can not beat the Michelin Pilot Road 5 series.
That's a touring tire isn't it? They have now the road 6 claiming +10% better at wet and durability

Gary in NJ

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
It’s a sport touring tire. They have good grip, feedback and will last a long time. All tires are a compromise, you trade grip for wear. If the priority is on long life, that’s a good choice.

Reaction score
Visit site
I've been using Michelin Pilot 2CT for the past 2, about to be 3 sets.
Where I have mostly been is a lot of straight an level riding. They do well in cold and rain. I haven't got caught in any snow in them since it doesn't snow anymore around here. I did have battleaxe's before. I would say they were comparable for the terrain, weather and speeds.

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I’d would use the recommended sizes and profiles. For a daily rider that is ridden in all weather, you can not beat the Michelin Pilot Road 5 series.
Plus 1 ^^..

I had PR3's before (not made anymore) that lasted a long time...

My local shop recommended the 5 series which I went with..
I'm very, very happy with them..

Highly recommended..