BHP chips/moduls

opds9091

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I have been looking on ebay for some items for my 07 FZ6. I see that they have chips or module that increase BHP by 15. Is this true or waste of money. Can somebody help me with a answer.

S

sportrider

I honestly doubt that a chip will give you a HP increase, that's over 16%. I think I saw the idem your talking about, I'm personally skeptical but if you try it let us know how it does!!! :Flash:

Last edited by a moderator:

Dunno

Reaction score
Visit site
Mate I would tread gently. A chip that gives that sort of increase? A full exhaust system & a PCIII probably would'nt give that sort of increase. If it sounds too good to be true it probably isnt.

Just my opinion, if it turned out to be genuine I suppose we all would want one. :D

opds9091

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Chip/Module

I agree it does sound to good to be true, but looks interesting. The last thing i want to do is someting bad to my bike. I am totally new to bike mods. For the money, it's cheap enough (that what scares me) to try it.

DefyInertia

Former '04 FZ6 Rider
Reaction score
Visit site
It's a scam; I've seen countless threads like this. I don't understand completely but it does something like trick your FI system into thinking the engine is always cold. In other words, don't buy it and don't put one on your bike even if someone gives it to you. Do a search on google or wikipedia or SBN and I'm sure you'll turn up some info on it.

Glad you asked first!
________
Colorado Dispensary

Last edited:

Neil

Hooligan
Reaction score
Visit site
Total crap

I have been looking on ebay for some items for my 07 FZ6. I see that they have chips or module that increase BHP by 15. Is this true or waste of money. Can somebody help me with a answer.

The 15hp chip on E-Bay is a waste of money.
It is just a resistor that you connect across the air temp sensor wires at the air box.
You then leave the sensor disconnected, which means the engine can now not adjust the fueling for different temps.
The theory is that the engine management changes the ignition timing to give more power.
According to Yamaha UK the timing is not dependent on the air temp.
Also if you have a power commander fitted it will stop that working properly as well.
I bought one just to see what it was, the seller is an *** to deal with.
Pay-Pal refunded my money.

Neil. :thumbup:

DanG

Reaction score
Visit site
Engine management systems vary the injection quantity as a function of water temperature - this is the modern version of a choke on the carburettor.

With engines having to pass severe emmission legislation, they are tuned a little on the lean side, i.e. compromising all out performance for the sake of what comes out the exhaust. Therefore fooling the ecu that the engine is running a little cooler will cause fuelling to be increased slightly and thereby get you a little more power - it'll be a little and certainly not 15%....

aussiejules

Elite Member
Premium Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Glad someone has brought this up, cause i to saw them on ebay and messaged the seller about the bike one and the mazda one and got no response. It sounded way too good to be true.
:thumbup: