Bike won’t start

Charlie

Reaction score
Visit site
Hello and good evening,

I could do with some help here. This Problem happened 2 days ago and I have no idea why or what to look for.

I went to go and see family for Christmas but never made it since my 2005 FZ6N would not start. I went out the day before with no problem at all stated every time it was asked without any problems. Got home that evening and that was that. Next day came and I didn’t need it until 5pm, Barr in mind my bike is kept in my private underground car park, meaning it’s 2 levels down and the temperature is fresh. After not using it since the day before, when I went to start it, it didn’t and what’s baffling to me is that it was showing the engine temperature at max and the red engine light flashing, the bike was stone cold. This problem happened before around 3 weeks ago, only difference was that I noticed it in the evening but it was late and left it for the next day. When I went down to see what was wrong the bike started like the evening before didn't happen Making me feel like I’m getting drunk on water. So from then I till 2 days ago all was good, hence why I love my bike. But now I couldn’t feel more useless if I tried. So if anyone out there has some info and could lend a hand I would appreciate it like the best Christmas present I’ve received this year and I didn’t get many lol. Thank you in advance for any help or hint what so even. Merry Christmas to all

LERecords

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I had an issue with the started button and had to replace that whole side piece. If you are handy you can take it apart and see if the wire is starting to not make contact. Thats about all i can suggest. Either that or the battery, as they don't last forever. If you have a multi-meter, you can test the battery voltage to see if its where it needs to be (should read more than just 12v, like 12.something). Good Luck!

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
The first as already mentioned, is to check voltage at the battery. Your voltage at the battery with nothing turned on should be 12.6-12.8 vdc. Engine running should give you 13.5 to 14 vdc with rpm above 2500 rpm.

Always check for the obvious loose connection at the battery. Being in the UK where you get a lot of wet weather, you could check harness connectors for corrosion.

Charlie

Reaction score
Visit site
I had an issue with the started button and had to replace that whole side piece. If you are handy you can take it apart and see if the wire is starting to not make contact. Thats about all i can suggest. Either that or the battery, as they don't last forever. If you have a multi-meter, you can test the battery voltage to see if its where it needs to be (should read more than just 12v, like 12.something). Good Luck!
Hello
hello Mr thank you very much for your reply, I will check the wiring since the battery is a new one. Hope you Christendom new year are going well.

Charlie

Reaction score
Visit site
The first as already mentioned, is to check voltage at the battery. Your voltage at the battery with nothing turned on should be 12.6-12.8 vdc. Engine running should give you 13.5 to 14 vdc with rpm above 2500 rpm.

Always check for the obvious loose connection at the battery. Being in the UK where you get a lot of wet weather, you could check harness connectors for corrosion.
Hello there thank you very much for your reply I will have a look at the wiring since not long ago I installed a new battery many thanks again and have a good Christmas and new year