BONEMAN'S FZ6 Wreck Spotted on Craigslist

Kamloops

JoeDanger.com
Reaction score
www.joedanger.com
100% sure this is Bonemans wreck. Guy said he would let it go for 1k.

Nice mods, TS Seat, Two Brothers Carbon, Tires, Grips, pazzo's...the list goes on.

DAMAGED 2005 FZ6 NEEDS ALOT CHEAP PRICE

bone.jpg

So Boneman's insurance company sold it to the guy who posted the bike on craigslist?

Appears that way. For 1k if the seat, pipes, tires are ok that would not be too bad a deal, could part out a lot of it as well. I dont think it would be worth rebuilding too much needs replacing including frame.

Seat is now gone...I bought it this a.m. Seat was fine but bike's in rough shape. Front tire is ok but the back rim is broken so I wouldn't take a chance on the rear tire. Right exhaust tip is scraped, right pazzo is broken, left is scratched. Some of the lights, like the fancy headlights and blue running lights are salvageable, but the front fairing isn't. Left side is pretty goodif you need one of a set...too bad, that was one nice bike...I'm glad Boneman is healing up nicely...FYI

Seat is now gone...I bought it this a.m. Seat was fine but bike's in rough shape. Front tire is ok but the back rim is broken so I wouldn't take a chance on the rear tire. Right exhaust tip is scraped, right pazzo is broken, left is scratched. Some of the lights, like the fancy headlights and blue running lights are salvageable, but the front fairing isn't. Left side is pretty goodif you need one of a set...too bad, that was one nice bike...I'm glad Boneman is healing up nicely...FYI

Awesome. Glad you got the seat. Nice Seat for sure. Curious , how was the JSA Customs Handle Bar Clamp/ Any Damage to it? I would grab that as well, one of kind!

Here is the link to the seat you picked up -
Boneman's FZ6 Site - Top Saddlery Seat

What kind of shape was the Chin Faring (OEM) a.k.a Sub Cowl in? I would like to get it if the guy will sell it.

clamp02.jpg

DSCF1767.JPG

Chin faring is scratch up a bit on the right side (side that slid). I don't think it's cracked or broken. Def can probably say more on it's condition.

JSA clamp should be mint. No reason it wouldn't be.

Sounds like the salvagers are happy to sell off what they can so make them an offer on parts!!!!

Glad to see these parts go to other bikes!

Other parts to consider off this bike would be:

RIZOMA AVIO 21 rear turn signals - these should be ok

Watsen front flush mount signals - I think Deff said the one might be a little scratched up.

Painted Gas Cap/Ring

Frame plugs - OEM right side, custom one left side

TB Carbon Cans - Left exhasut pie is scraped up but not sure how bad. Again, Def can tell you more as he's seen the bike in it's current condition.

Rizoma Oil Cap

RIZOMA Grips - I know the right bar end it toast, but the actual grips should be ok.

Yamaha Tool Kit

RIZOMA Gold Bar ends - the right side one is hooped, but I have a spare here at home that I will GIVE to whomever buys the one that is still good on the bike.

HID Projectors - Front faring is toast, but you could salvage and pull out the projectors and ballasts and controller units.

Cut down OEM rear Hugger

Would love to see others from this community bennifit from this and see my parts go to good homes!

Last edited:
Ditto to Bonemans list. The bar clamp was perfect, but the chin faring was shot..to answer Kamloops query. Exhaust needs a new tip for sure on right side only(not sure if db killer was ok or not). To the naked eye, the front tire was fine...rim too. BTW, the seat is SWEET!

This is kind of an ironic twist on this saga. Def's ass is now sitting where Boneman's once was ... too funny.

It's kind of rare to see this level of closure - soup to nuts, as it were - on one forum. :)

Speedy recovery there Boneman!

Pics taken yesterday of Bonemans wreck. With Bonemans blessing...here they are. Some parts are in better shape than I thot after my first visit....like the chin fairiing, exhaust and rizoma grips. May help someone with a mod. Cheers, Def

IMG00020-20101009-1531.jpg

IMG00019-20101009-1530.jpg

IMG00018-20101009-1530.jpg

IMG00016-20101009-1523.jpg

http://i837.photobucket.com/albums/zz291/def2/B-FZ6/IMG00015-20101009-1522.jpg[/IMG
][IMG]http://i837.photobucket.com/albums/zz291/def2/B-FZ6/IMG00014-20101009-1521.jpg
IMG00013-20101009-1521.jpg

IMG00011-20101009-1520.jpg

http://i837.photobucket.com/albums/zz291/def2/B-FZ6/IMG00010-20101009-1519.jpg[/IM
[IMG]http://i837.photobucket.com/albums/zz291/def2/B-FZ6/CopyofIMG00008-20101009-1518.jpg
IMG00021-20101009-1533.jpg

how was the windscreen.. i would be interested in getting that, but have no idea on how.. plus im in the us.. would be nice to keep some of bone's old bike alive...

From what I see from the pics, the brake lines should still be good, as well as the added brake lights, and the rizoma rear turn signals.

I sent the guy with the bike an email thru craigs list, to see if he sell the turn signals and the added brake lights.

Last edited:
I got a reply from the seller about the Rizoma turn signals, and the extra led brake lights on his license plate, he'll sell them for $50 US, and I'd have to come and pull them off. Now only if I could come up with the 50 and get someone to pull them off for me, then send them to me!!!!

I got a reply from the seller about the Rizoma turn signals, and the extra led brake lights on his license plate, he'll sell them for $50 US, and I'd have to come and pull them off. Now only if I could come up with the 50 and get someone to pull them off for me, then send them to me!!!!

Perhaps sweet talk Def into assisting you with that.....

I just bought the exhaust, bellypan and levers. Colin is a great guy to work with. He will take care of shipping to US for me. I would highly recommend if you need any part give him a call.

Back