Boom Audio on FZ

LeeFZ

Reaction score
Visit site
I rode Harley Davidson Street Glide while I was on X'mas vacation in Arizona, and I really enjoyed the feeling of the Harley and the Stereo System, but I still love my FZ. I'll buy Puig Racing Winscreen for the FZ for better wind protection.

I was wondering if it's possible to put Boom Audio on the Puig Winscreen because I really like to listen to music while I'm riding. Is the FZ battery capable of doing that (I also have SAE adapter).
Please share ideas or comments. FZ6 Rock!! :rockon:

This is the one that I want to put on. It looks like this for those who doesn't know.

yamihoe

Professional test dummy
Reaction score
Visit site
I am not sure that the FZ battery or the Stator can support the demands of any audio system. Based on my observations, after an hour of low highway speeds (50-65mph) with high beams on (dual headlight mod) that the CEL comes on with a Low voltage code of some sort. Other members have had issues with heated gear, but navigation systems/ cell phone chargers seem to be alright. So my guess would be that the FZ would not be able to support any kind of audio system for any length of time without an alternate power source or stator upgrade.

LeeFZ

Reaction score
Visit site
I have heated vest also. It was fine when I turned it on. I got it from Aerostich. It's too warm sometimes that I have to on/off. I also like dual headlight mod, but if it draws too much power I wouldn't. I'd prefer audio instead if it can handle.

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
The FZ6 is limited as far as extra power. If you're having failure because of an extra headlamp/high beam, with the charging system while at 50 + MPH you probably have a component failure.

We have a lot of searchable info on wattage ratings of the system and you can get a better idea of compatibility by knowing the wattage required by that sound system. Also keep in mind that an audio system has a different duty cycle than heated grips. So if you have a heated grip which has a max wattage rating of 75 watts a sound system with the same 75 watt rating has a different duty cycle and will use less power than the grips.

How you will physically mount that system is another story.:)

LeeFZ

Reaction score
Visit site
The speakers is a two-channel, 40-watt stereo amplifier. I don't have any idea if it can handle. And yes the mounting is another story lol I haven't bought the Puig Winscreen yet. It looks quite tall so I think that it'll fit. I don't mind drilling some holes.

oaks

~~~~~
Reaction score
Visit site
This thread reminded me of this video I saw a while back of someone who fitted an amp and speakers to his FZ6.

I can't imagine an FZ at speed being quiet enough to hear the speakers, but hope you find a way to make it work.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tYsmtK4JuPE]Yamaha FZ6 radio - YouTube[/ame]

LeeFZ

Reaction score
Visit site
I can't imagine an FZ at speed being quiet enough to hear the speakers, but hope you find a way to make it work.

Yeah that one is Radio shark, the sound quality is not that great. Boom Audio is from Harley Davidson. I think i'd enjoy it on back country roads 60-65 mph.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eJKNfxA08O8]Harley boom audio switchback - YouTube[/ame]