Brake lock. Should i be concerned?

WolfwoodFz6

Reaction score
Visit site
Brake lock. Should I be concerned?

So I got my security measures in. New York chain, cover and Xena brake lock. However with the brake lock, I noticed something, a little off.

It looks like damage caused by tools, and judging by the location, its likely it was cause by someone ether trying to remove the lock, or changing the lock. Should I be concerned about this? Is this a sign the lock isn’t new? Since I pay for a ‘new’ lock, and this one *may* be refurbish, should I call and complain?

Thanks

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I didn't ZOOOOOOOOM to the nth degree, but will its intended use be impaired? Does it serve its purpose, has this blemish compromised its integrity?

If it works I'd use it! That's just me tho.....

Wh0M3

Reaction score
Visit site
Where did you get this from. If it was suppose to be "new in box" then I'd ask for another just because I don't consider this new. If it was "like new" than I'd say don't worry about it as long as it works and that doesn't cause any issues with locking or unlocking it. I doubt this will impact the integrity of the lock itself just watch for "new" abrasions that would show someone else trying to "pick it".

pulsar2

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I don't know what might have caused that - doesn't look like anyone has tried to break it open though. It might be like you guessed - somebody might have replaced the lock on it. If in doubt you could probably return it for a clean one, otherwise it might end up nagging in the back of your mind - not cool.

I just got one of those and it needs careful timing to remove the lock without triggering it. And it is LOUD. Already had it screaming on me once when the key got stuck in a wrong way and I failed to remove it off the disc in time.

WolfwoodFz6

Reaction score
Visit site
Where did you get this from. If it was suppose to be "new in box" then I'd ask for another just because I don't consider this new. If it was "like new" than I'd say don't worry about it as long as it works and that doesn't cause any issues with locking or unlocking it. I doubt this will impact the integrity of the lock itself just watch for "new" abrasions that would show someone else trying to "pick it".

Just went back to verify by looking at my order. From Amazon.

1 of: Xena Disc Lock with Alarm XX10
Condition: New
Sold by: JAFRUM (seller profile)

WolfwoodFz6

Reaction score
Visit site
I emailed them and they are wanting me to contact them to set up a return/replacement. Sucks i have to go though this, but at least they are willing to exchange it.

Thank you for contacting us.

I would like to inform that all our products are gone through quality check before shipment. This is something unexpected and we sincerely apologize for the inconvenience caused to you. We kindly request you to call us on Monday and provide your personal email address so that we will be able to process a return shipping label for you to send the item back to us. Unfortunately, amazon server will automatically remove the email address shared here and so please call us on Monday at our toll free # 1-877-GO-HELMET between 9:00AM to 5:00PM EST.

Only problem is i didnt get this still after 5 :|

WolfwoodFz6

Reaction score
Visit site
Soo.. I called this company and it makes me doubt them even more. I called, and i told them "yea i was told to call and give my email for a return shipping label" and they immediately knew who i was. It could be they were expecting my call, but it still feels wrong.

Had anyone delt with this company before? Is it legit?

jspansel

Reaction score
Visit site
Soo.. I called this company and it makes me doubt them even more. I called, and i told them "yea i was told to call and give my email for a return shipping label" and they immediately knew who i was. It could be they were expecting my call, but it still feels wrong.

Had anyone delt with this company before? Is it legit?

Not dealt with them myself, but that is because of those I know who HAVE. Never heard a good review of them...

Here is some reviews from them...

Jafrum Reviews - jafrum.com Ratings at ResellerRatings

WolfwoodFz6

Reaction score
Visit site
Yea, thats great...

It kinda feels like they will take this lock back, and just either never send me a new one, or refund my money. Going though Amazon, they want to make me pay for shipping, which im almost willing to do just to get my money back.

[edit] actually going though amazon just prints a shipping label directly to the the company. :| Looks like ill have to roll the dice on if ill get my money back or not.

Last edited: