Brisbane Storms

Humperdinkel

Resident Rumologist
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Im not sure how this is being reported around Australia or the World for that matter but on Sunday the 16th of November , Brisbane was hit by what is being classified as a catergory 2 cyclone :( ....... With huge damage being caused by all the usual suspects (strong wind,hail and heavy rain) much devestation has been left in its wake..... Knowing that a few of our members reside in the regions affected , i just wanted to sent my thoughts and prayers out to all those families who are affected.... For our friends in the forum i hope that you are all well and made it through unscathed and if you werent so lucky im just a PM away , my Wife and I would be more than happy to help in any way we can :thumbup:......... Cheers Daniel

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Im not sure how this is being reported around Australia or the World for that matter but on Sunday the 16th of November , Brisbane was hit by what is being classified as a catergory 2 cyclone :( ....... With huge damage being caused by all the usual suspects (strong wind,hail and heavy rain) much devestation has been left in its wake..... Knowing that a few of our members reside in the regions affected , i just wanted to sent my thoughts and prayers out to all those families who are affected.... For our friends in the forum i hope that you are all well and made it through unscathed and if you werent so lucky im just a PM away , my Wife and I would be more than happy to help in any way we can :thumbup:......... Cheers Daniel

Yes my best buddy lives at Byron bay and apparently theyvonly got they only got the tail end of the storm.scary stuff,hope government gets immediate help to those who need it.

Photos on our paper today of houses with no roofs,etc.scary stuff.

Humperdinkel

Resident Rumologist
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Yes my best buddy lives at Byron bay and apparently theyvonly got they only got the tail end of the storm.scary stuff,hope government gets immediate help to those who need it.

Photos on our paper today of houses with no roofs,etc.scary stuff.

Horrific stuff , it brewed up over where we live and destroyed everything north of us.... Im trying to find some photo's to paste so i can show the devestation......... Was scary for all of us even tho i bailed for the concrete shopping centre carpark :thumbup: i sorta feel bad for worrying about our new car now :(

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Horrific stuff , it brewed up over where we live and destroyed everything north of us.... Im trying to find some photo's to paste so i can show the devestation......... Was scary for all of us even tho i bailed for the concrete shopping centre carpark :thumbup: i sorta feel bad for worrying about our new car now :(

same friend that lives in Byron was telling me about a hail storm they had there recently,hail as big as golf balls,his partners car now looks like it's been trampled on!guess that's nothing compared to what others are going through right now up your way.

Stumbles06

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I saw the results of the storm on the news, devastation everywhere.
A mate posted this photo that he took...
Storm on Flickr - Photo Sharing!@@AMEPARAM@@http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3289/3036515419_8f4183f9f1.jpg?v=0@@AMEPARAM@@3036515419@@AMEPARAM@@8f4183f9f1
Same guy posted this on the same forum...
I took a drive through Ferny Grove and The Gap on the way to/from work today, it's truly mind boggling to see. Trees 2 feet thick, shattered at the base and laying on the ground. I don't think there's a single tree in some areas that hasn't been broken or fallen over.

Also, anther mate found a story and photo's from abc.com.au...

SE Qld storms - ABC News (Australian Broadcasting Corporation)

Hope all our folk up there are doing well.

:)

Humperdinkel

Resident Rumologist
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Its amazing there was only one killed in the storm , silly death tho and through his own stupidity (playing in a drain) like who does that at the age of 20 ? :spank: especially when there is a storm coming..........

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Its amazing there was only one killed in the storm , silly death tho and through his own stupidity (playing in a drain) like who does that at the age of 20 ? :spank: especially when there is a storm coming..........

Thrillseekers without a clue, that's who! Sad though, needless death amongst a monster of a storm, that could of claimed a lot more lives, and from the photo's i have seen, there must of been some very close calls.

Humperdinkel

Resident Rumologist
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Well mother nature has done it AGAIN :spank: , huge storms rolled in late lastnite and drowned us through the nite....... Massive flooding rite across south east QLD , we had 185mm or just under 8 inches in just over 2hrs :jawdrop: , downstairs is slowly drying out the laundry was 3 inches deep and all the windows were doing nothing to stop the water :( , the power has been out (lucky for laptops) so i couldnt charge to fones or camera's :(

Red Wazp

Reaction score
Visit site
8 inches in 2 hours is some major moisture!
We had a storm back in the 80's that dumped 29 inches in 3 days, yep their was flooding in the valley.
Seems no matter where you live their is some type of natural disaster waiting to happen.

OZXJR

Super Moderator
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I just saw that on the news , I feel for you Hump,that is really bad .
To contrast that ,if we don't get 5mm of rain before the end of November ,it will be our driest spring on record.We have only had 28 mm of rain in 3 months,it took 11 months for us to get what you did in 2 hours !

Humperdinkel

Resident Rumologist
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I just saw that on the news , I feel for you Hump,that is really bad .
To contrast that ,if we don't get 5mm of rain before the end of November ,it will be our driest spring on record.We have only had 28 mm of rain in 3 months,it took 11 months for us to get what you did in 2 hours !

Thanks mate , but ive got nothing to complain about really a bit of mud and water damage is nothing compared to the poor buggers that have lost it all :( there are a couple of bris fizzers that i still havent heard from and they live right in the path of the cyclone so i hope all is well...... Your water situation sounds the same as what we were this time last year .....