B'Stone fans - next pick for Canyon Carving? Headed --> BT023

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
With a sport touring tire grip better grip will occur with a little longer warm up.

I've run "hypersport" type tires for years on the roads here in SoCal. Here we can go through more radical temperature change because of climate change from desert to mountains as well as temp changed just from elevation change alone.

I've had a sticky tire give way when hammering them out of a turn on hot roads. The bike your using is going to have an effect on tire experience.

Tarmac temps are very high descending into the desert from the mountains so you might give extra thought in choice of tire and for what reason. Adjust riding accordingly. The sport touring tire I'm using now has impressed me for it's grip. I consider myself a fairly seasoned experienced rider. Sticky tires can get what they call oily when pushed for longer period at high temps on hot road surface. A sport touring tire might excel in that same condition for grip. I've only got 2000 miles on the T-30 but so far it's been good to me showing very little or no wear. :)

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Area here can go from sea level to 6000 and the temps go with it. Most of my riding typically involves cooler temps than SC. IIRC the time it lost grip was damp and pushing it. So, take that slip with a grain of salt.

mrphotoman

Massive Member
Reaction score
Visit site
For my needs, the 023 has done well meeting my expectation for traction vs wear, and cost. All though who doesn't want more total miles.
It may have stepped out a few times, but I suspect any would have. I'm going with what I know until the front is done.
Thanks everyone!

that is what we went with on my gf's bike since she does no ride as aggressively as i do. she does great on them and i think they are a fun tire too. they feel sportier to me than the terrible pr2/pr3 tires do.

FZ6Hot

FZ6Hot
Reaction score
Visit site
Rear BT-023 is done.... What next? Any picks from the B'Stone gang or is it time to switch teams?!?! Up front the 016 pro is in good shape for 2015.

Bike's at 21k now, installed the 023 around 2013-08, so it roughly 7X00 miles :don'tknow: --> Old post from Aug 2013

FWIW: Very predictable tire. I like it and may run another down. IIRC the T30 blew off the Tiger in 5K so that's a no go.

Some folks have suggested the Dunlop Q3, which I currently have on my bike. Ok tire but according to my tire supplier, who happens to be a former pro racer, they are more suited to hot climates. I have chunking happening on one side, the result of track days on a cool track (The Ridge near Seattle).

Problem with tire tests in American magazines is they are usually done in southern California. If you live in a cooler climate check out tire reviews from England and Europe.

Ran a set of Q2's at Oregon Raceway Park in the middle of summer, no problem. Depends if the poster lives in east or west Oregon when choosing tires.

BT016's were my favourite tire so far but they square off quickly. Anybody tried the Metzler M7rr's?

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Some folks have suggested the Dunlop Q3, which I currently have on my bike. Ok tire but according to my tire supplier, who happens to be a former pro racer, they are more suited to hot climates. I have chunking happening on one side, the result of track days on a cool track (The Ridge near Seattle).

Problem with tire tests in American magazines is they are usually done in southern California. If you live in a cooler climate check out tire reviews from England and Europe.

Ran a set of Q2's at Oregon Raceway Park in the middle of summer, no problem. Depends if the poster lives in east or west Oregon when choosing tires.

BT016's were my favourite tire so far but they square off quickly. Anybody tried the Metzler M7rr's?

I have yet to square off a set of 016 Pros (have one on the nose now)! They loose the sides first!
Thanks for sharing.

The 023 is gonna clear the 8000 mile mark and its running pretty good and its hardly squared at all.
attachment.php