Can Anyone Identify This Top Case?

Newell33

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi Guys

Can anyone identify this top case? It's on an FZ1, and it has a Givi mount, but all of the other Givi cases that I've seen are much larger, and more rounded. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
Josh

ctbandit

Fazer, don't even know er
Reaction score
Visit site
Hi Guys

Can anyone identify this top case? It's on an FZ1, and it has a Givi mount, but all of the other Givi cases that I've seen are much larger, and more rounded. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
Josh

I cannot identify the topcase. I can however tell you with complete certainty that when it comes to topcases, bigger is better. You think you want a small, svelte top case that will look good on your G ride. But in reality, there is no such thing as a good looking top case. So, come to grips with it, embrace the fugly, and get all you can out of that giant tumor growing from the back of your bike! :rockon:

Sincerely,

Big Ol' Topcase Haver

10389084_10100637304673577_4743643340085099520_n.jpg

Newell33

Reaction score
Visit site
Haha... I love the enthusiasm on the big 'oil top case, but I just can't come to grips with something that big. Luckily, my rides aren't more than 150-200 miles, so hopefully I can stick with the low profile svelte cases!

greg

UK Luchador
Reaction score
Visit site
I have a 42l top box, and, I can fit a rucksack, plus a couple of other btis in there. I also have a smaller 30l one that I never use because it's too small.

SweaterDude

Broke-zillionaire
Reaction score
Visit site
Haha... I love the enthusiasm on the big 'oil top case, but I just can't come to grips with something that big. Luckily, my rides aren't more than 150-200 miles, so hopefully I can stick with the low profile svelte cases!

then just get some nice soft sidecases. if you dont need big, then there is no reason to have a topcase. save yourself the money and hassle of buying the rack and other crap and get some of these i have them and i can get 4 days worth of clothes for 2 people in them. that plus a little bit more in a tank bag and a backpack and youre good for quite a while. you can also strap a duffel across really easily

i know ive plugged these bags quite a few times on this site, but imho they are THE BEST bags on the market for a sportbike PERIOD.

Newell33

Reaction score
Visit site
Actually, I already have the Givi side mounts and E21 side cases. I'm looking mainly for a backrest for my passenger, which is the reason for the low profile top case. I have a Corbin seat with backrest now, but I plan to try a different seat, thus the need for a top case/back rest setup. Storage is not an issue, but I'd prefer for it not to look so large and out of proportion to the rest of the bike. I really like the one in the photo.

Josh

Newell33

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks for the info! After seeing it, I'm not sure that I want a soft bag / hard case combination, but I certainly appreciate you identifying it!

mattwitt

Reaction score
Visit site
I agree - being as its really made for the passenger portion of the seat and secures with Velcro straps.. Not sure how sturdy it would be.. Looks good though..

beatle

Reaction score
Visit site
I had one of those before I bought my euro Yamaha top case. It was nice, but was too much of a pain to put on and remove. It obviously holds a lot less than a "real" topcase, but it's also much better looking than any topcase.

drumbum

Reaction score
Visit site
I also agree, bigger is better. I've never once said, gee, this case is TOO big I wish I bought a smaller one. But had I got a smaller one I might be griping for a bigger one. I have the Givi 55L on my bike and its fantastic, fits 2 xl full face helmets (though i don't normally use it for that) I put a usb charger in there for my phone. It rarely leaves the bike. And unlike the sidecases (which i also have and use, though less frequently) you can still lane split with ease. And dont have to wear a backpack.

Just yesterday I picked up some nachos in a styrofoam container and laid em flat in the top case, got home home and they were fine. Same goes with pizza boxes, even cake\pies. Try that with a backpack 0.o

Also, a heads up on the backrests, they don't work for all bikes/bags/passenger combos. I had a backrest on the 55L but because the placement of the case (a bit forward for the fz6) the backrest was insanely uncomfortable and force the passenger into an awkwardly bent and cramped position.