Can you see me now (in RED)

SeekGod1st

Reaction score
Visit site
Ant, posted a thread about Priority Plus lights that turn your turn signals into running lights, turn signals, and brake lights.

http://www.600riders.com/forum/fz6-mods/8576-can-you-see-me-now.html

The only problem was that the turn signals are amber in color and it's impossible to find red lenses for the turn signals or red bulbs to make this setup legal.

It's against the law to have rear facing running and brake lights that are amber in color (due to confusion), some riders have risked just running them amber but if your pulled over by any police officer it can be a ticket.

Here's how I solved the problem. I found a product called Gel Caps, it's a red rubber sleeve that is red in color and slips over the turn signal bulb to then change it's color to red when lighted.

Since the turn signals now are running lights and stay constantly on they always look red, when the bike is off the bulb goes out and the lense actually looks amber, even though when the bike is on it changes color to Red (being street legal).

One of the only problems I encountered is that the Gel Cap sleeve is too large for our bulb but all I did was slip the Gel Cap over the bulb and then zip tie the Gel Cap at the base of the bulb to cinch it up and keep it on tight.

I took some pictures to show you what I'm talking about. I purchased the Gel Caps at AutoZone but I also found them at PepBoys. In the pic I have the turn signal bulb on the right with the Red Gel Cap over it and the turn signal bulb on the left with no Gel Cap over it. You will notice that the turn signal isn't as bright with the Gel Cap over it but it's almost a match to the brake light in color now.:rockon:

Last edited:

SeekGod1st

Reaction score
Visit site
Here's a couple more pictures for this thread:

1. Finished red tailights
2. My bike up Mountain Street in Upland, CA., Mt. Baldy run (oem exhaust)
3. I'm on the left with my friend, he rides a 2004 MV Augusta Brutale.