Carbon fibre VS Titanium Scorpion exhaust

farish

The Beast™
Reaction score
Visit site
Hi all.

Was wondering, what is the weight difference between the two?

Heard that Carbon fibre (CF), has a shell life? As in after a certain time frame the CF might crack? (heard from a local dealer, who is dealing with another brand of exhaust)

I put a Two Brothers exhaust on my bike about a year ago. One of the things I read about the CF cans is they can suffer premature breakdown due more to overheating than anything else. I think it's more a concern when the bike is dyno'd. I opted for the aluminum more out of the price than anything else. Then when I did get the bike dyno'd I wasn't worried about burn-out. I don't know what the difference in weight would be but can't imagine it would be much. If I had it to do over again I would stay with an alloy...

Call the factory and find out what the weight difference is.

I put a Two Brothers exhaust on my bike about a year ago. One of the things I read about the CF cans is they can suffer premature breakdown due more to overheating than anything else. I think it's more a concern when the bike is dyno'd. I opted for the aluminum more out of the price than anything else. Then when I did get the bike dyno'd I wasn't worried about burn-out. I don't know what the difference in weight would be but can't imagine it would be much. If I had it to do over again I would stay with an alloy...

Call the factory and find out what the weight difference is.

will try sending scorpions an email or something.Will share my findings. Stay tuned

Ti is slightly heavier than CF.
Some, not all, CF does discolor after a while. Ti can also get some discoloration from oily substances getting burned into the shell, though I have never experienced this myself.

Back