Caution: FZSex and PayPal for non-eBay transactions

Status
Not open for further replies.

bcityroller

Gear Whore
Reaction score
Visit site
I purchased a seat from this member advertised as a "NEW never used Top Saddlery seat". The upfront portion of the transaction was great - fast emails, prompt shipping, etc.

Issue arose when the item arrived and I discovered that it was not an entire TopSaddlery seat, but a TopSaddlery recovered OEM seat (same OEM pan, foam, shape and worth significantly less new). I contacted the seller, requested a refund with split-cost return shipping and instead received $50 partial credit through PayPal which I returned pending further discussion. Ultimately I filed a dispute through PayPal, offered to foot the return shipping bill myself, and was still refused a refund by the seller who elevated it to PayPal. As this was not an eBay transaction, PayPal offers no protection for the buyer if the seller sends you an item whether or not it is as described (who knew) - so bottom line PayPal was of no help to me in this case. At this point I've requested that seller honor his original $50 partial credit and have not received a response in the same timeframe as it typically took him to reply.

So if there's no question you're getting what you think you are then I'm sure no issue but if there's any possibility of a difference then this member and PayPal for a forum purchase is definitely a "Buyer Beware" situation IMO.

blchandl2

Reaction score
Visit site
Sorry to hear about your issue. I have been told that Paypal backs the seller *regardless* of the venue. I use my credit card for payment via Paypal so I can dispute through my CC who has backed me in the past.

As always...... "Buyer Beware".

bcityroller

Gear Whore
Reaction score
Visit site
Sorry to hear about your issue. I have been told that Paypal backs the seller *regardless* of the venue. I use my credit card for payment via Paypal so I can dispute through my CC who has backed me in the past.

As always...... "Buyer Beware".

It appears you have a "better" cc company than I use then. PayPal actually directed me to use my cc company to force the transaction back but my cc was not interested in pursuing it - so I'm also shopping for a new cc too.

Raid The Revenge

Reaction score
Visit site
FZsex? Would you kindly refund bcityroller his money? He offered a split-cost refurn deal for the shipping.

Be a good man and resolve this problem. We may still like you, afterward.

Last edited:

Oscar54

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
It appears you have a "better" cc company than I use then. PayPal actually directed me to use my cc company to force the transaction back but my cc was not interested in pursuing it - so I'm also shopping for a new cc too.

I had that issue with VISA being more interested in backing their vendor then their customer or should I say their customer than their cardholder.

I use AmEx unless it is not excepted. AmEx tends to back their cardholders better in that they credit you back immediately when you dispute a charge until the vendor proves they delivered what was bargained for.

F

FZSex

Glad I didn't buy this seat from him. As expected this turned out fishy when he backed out when I was supposed to personally pick it up with cash in hand. See this thread for my rant: http://www.600riders.com/forum/bikes-parts-sale/13569-fs-new-never-used-top-saddlery-seat.html

1. Your issue was not following up on a sale, period. We went over that, moron.

2. regarding the original poster - This is embarrassing but I sold a seat, the gentleman that bought it found out there were different options for seats and wanted a full refund because he ordered something without knowing what he got.

Lastly, I even sent him $50 FREE because he was upset. So he canceled my $50 then tried to force paypal to give me his money back. Guess what, they didn't because I did NOTHING wrong. Then he wanted the $50 !!!!

p.s. I have sold countless things here and ALL were happy. I even have a repeat buyer who sent his son to my workplace to take a windshield with him, NO CASH EXCHANGED so the guy can try it out and if he likes it, he sends me $$$ or he can send the shield back..you know why? Cause I'm such a snake.

You guys need to learn, there are two sides to every story and somewhere in the middle is the truth.

Peace

YamahaMAXdRPMs

Jay- Tshirt Inventor Guy.
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site

lonesoldier84

SuperFlanker Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site

2. regarding the original poster - This is embarrassing but I sold a seat, the gentleman that bought it found out there were different options for seats and wanted a full refund because he ordered something without knowing what he got.

Lastly, I even sent him $50 FREE because he was upset. So he canceled my $50 then tried to force paypal to give me his money back. Guess what, they didn't because I did NOTHING wrong. Then he wanted the $50 !!!!

p.s. I have sold countless things here and ALL were happy. I even have a repeat buyer who sent his son to my workplace to take a windshield with him, NO CASH EXCHANGED so the guy can try it out and if he likes it, he sends me $$$ or he can send the shield back..you know why? Cause I'm such a snake.

You guys need to learn, there are two sides to every story and somewhere in the middle is the truth.

Peace

i have bought a bunch of stuff online and every time it helped me to research the model information and options in depth. if u dont have the in depth knowledge of the materials being dealt with you dont know what to look out for.

i know people that buy computer parts online then tell me they didnt get what they thought they were getting. each time it was a lack of research before hand.

so lesson:

research!!!

:)

CrazyBiker

Superbike Champion
Reaction score
Visit site

Peace
Seems you need a notarized confirmation that I will buy the seat. In spite so many pleasant pm exchanges you still thought that I wouldn't show up. Geez, it was not even 24 hours within which you sold the seat to some one else. I can't help you have ZERO patience. This is when you said you will hold it up for me and I can pick it up whenever I can. I called and left you a message too. Guess, who is the moron here :spank:.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.