Chain lube

This stuff (DuPont Teflon Chain Saver, 11 oz: Automotive : Walmart.com) is awesome! I ride year round in rainy, snowy, salty, dusty Oregon and only apply this stuff a couple times a year. I'm 4000+miles on my original chain and it's still as shiny as the day I bought it off the showroom floor. They make a degreaser (DuPont Motorcycle Degreaser, 11 oz: Automotive : Walmart.com) that works really good too.

X2. I had a quality inspection done on my bike at a Honda/Yamaha dealer 2 weeks ago. They told me my chain and sprockets looked great, whatever I was doing I should keep doing. They have 27,000 miles on them and have been lubed with the above mentioned chain lube about every 500 to 1000 miles since I bought the bike. I ride a little over 10,000 miles a year, mostly commuting but also in the N. Ga mountains and the occasional trip to the Tail of the Dragon.

Edit - BTW - I probably use about 1 can a year, so it lasts!

Last edited:
This stuff (DuPont Teflon Chain Saver, 11 oz: Automotive : Walmart.com) is awesome! I ride year round in rainy, snowy, salty, dusty Oregon and only apply this stuff a couple times a year. I'm 4000+miles on my original chain and it's still as shiny as the day I bought it off the showroom floor. They make a degreaser (DuPont Motorcycle Degreaser, 11 oz: Automotive : Walmart.com) that works really good too.

Lowes now carries this in liquid form in a small bottle. Handy if you want to carry some on the bike.

Shop DuPont 4 oz Chain-Saver Lubricant at Lowes.com

Last edited:
Back