Chillin' at Starbuck in Kuwait

jmerch44

Reaction score
Visit site
Transient hell in Zone 6 at Arifjan. This place is a$$! But I've lived on my tank for 45 days so this isn't too bad. I'm in with another E8, an O3 two civilian contractors and two O5s so its not like living with a bunch of E4s. I guess I'm getting old.

The gym is great and the food, god I hate KBR food. Two years away didn't fix that! The PX area is okay, Arby's, Subway, Starbucks, Pizza Hut, etc. I don't care for fast food however...

Our work area of the exercise it good however, lots of space, a bit hot, but I've been in much worse.

Probably won't get too many photos as we're aren't allowed to take any. Nothing but ****ty tents, T-walls, crappy tin building and sand.

Kuwait is what it is...a$$!

Cheers! :thumbup:

I cant for the life of me remember the name of any of the camps I was at when I passed through there. Actually, wait...Google is awsome! I was at doha the first time. I think they closed that on though, but on the way to Iraq, we had to do training and staging in Udairi. Udairi is a fricken mud hole. Dont know if its still open or not, but I hated it. I ran into a bunch of my buddies from AIT there though, so it wasnt to bad.

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Yup Udari is still there. When I was there last we crammed 152 of us into two building to sleep; shoulder to shoulder, head to toe. Needless to say no one slept well that night. If you look in my photo section you'll see a photo of me petting a nasty ass camel at Udari.

outkast

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey Hellgate, I work in support of the military in Kuwait, I'm based at SPOD but visit AJ quiet a bit. Your right though...It's a **** hole. A week ago a Brit soldier was almost kidnapped over here, so be careful.
I don't post on here now as I have a 2009 R1, but good luck mate, give me a look up if you visit SPOD, I'm in the o+m offices just ask for Paul.

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Sounds like what the weather channels all say is happening in Texas so I guess you aren't missing the weather, eh? :ban:

I got back in town on Tuesday, 101 in TX is nothing! By the time we left it was 120ish in Kuwait. Austin was 91 today, overcast, and currently thunder and lightening. Just need the rain to make it perfect! :thumbup: