Clutch controls / Foot pegs

GeneM

Reaction score
Visit site
So I'm looking to make some changes the bike. First I need some new bars as the stock one's just SUCK, I'm also hoping to find something to help with the weird/lousy clutch pull and change the location of the foot pegs.
So I'm asking for some thoughts/ideas on these items...

DownrangeFuture

Electronic Repair Genius
Reaction score
Visit site
I know someone on here used to make rearset setback plates. Don't know if they still do. Racing rearsets are about your only other option on moving the pegs.

Someone on here makes a clutch slave lever, look for the thread on it. Widens the friction zone a lot. But personally, I think it's just good to get used to the clutch. It's awesome for spirited riding. A lot like super sport clutches really. Adjustable levers would work too. Pazzo, Vortex, fleaBay all have good ones, although be careful with the last one...

I like the Rizoma bars, some of the guys used FZ1 bars and love them. You can also get convertibars, or I think the clip ons from the honda blackbird fit without altering anything.

fb40dash5

Reaction score
Visit site
Killernoodle makes the modified slave lever. Supposed to be awesome, but I don't know, because I haven't gotten around to sending him a spare.

I just tossed some ASV shorties on. I haven't gotten to ride with them yet, but from fiddling with them, the clutch already felt better. Being able to adjust reach independent of free play is great, with the stock lever I needed more free play than I should have had if I wanted to reach the lever easily.

GeneM

Reaction score
Visit site
Well if this is your first bike you likely won't be to bothered with them, but I've had several and I just hate the clutch feel, I also just don't like the bend on the bars, IMO there is to much sweep.
I also would like the pegs just a little lower but that's not a huge issue for me. Crap if I were not building a new house I'm pretty sure I'd just go buy a new Ducati......

KnuckleBallz

Reaction score
Visit site
Gotcha- second bike, coming off a GS500. So kind of expected a whole nother ball game. We'll see how I feel after a few rides though. After all, modding is pretty fun...

JoeSTL

Reaction score
Visit site
So I'm looking to make some changes the bike. First I need some new bars as the stock one's just SUCK, I'm also hoping to find something to help with the weird/lousy clutch pull and change the location of the foot pegs.
So I'm asking for some thoughts/ideas on these items...

People on here love the clutch slave levers. I don't have them, but I've only heard good reviews from others on here. For the bars, a cheap mod and one of the best ones to do, is the FZ1 bars. Some others do those bars and add risers for added comfort. Knight Design sells 1" & 2" lower pegs. A few people on here have them as well. Here's their website: Yamaha FZ6 Footpegs

carbonar1

....as a kite
Reaction score
Visit site
So apart from the FZ1 bars, and the Rizoma bars which require an additional riser block that is more expensive than the bars themselves...

Are there any other wider and flatter handlebar options?

lawlberg

Booth Babe
Reaction score
Visit site
So apart from the FZ1 bars, and the Rizoma bars which require an additional riser block that is more expensive than the bars themselves...

Are there any other wider and flatter handlebar options?

I'm putting on a set of DanMoto adjustable clip ons once my new levers and grips show up. The bars showed up yesterday, seem very well made and look great (except for a little ding on the clamp, but for $99 I'm not complaining too much)

I'll be dropping the triples down an inch or two and I have a naked front end so clearance of the fairings isn't much of an issue, but I'll be able to have a flatter, wider, lower farther forward setup. You might be able to get them to clear the fairings if you have an '07+ I think, look for the thread "Something Black" - he did something like that with fairings on it and it looked great, gave him a more aggressive stance/a sporty alternative to the FZ6/fz1 bars.