Clutch grab point

fzsixx

Reaction score
Visit site
So on Thursday I changed the oil and lubed the clutch cable and wow the clutch is super easy to pull now! Only problem is idk what happened but now the zone were the clutch engages is like two millimeters and its the very beginning of the lever. If I so much as even touch the clutch with my finger it disengauges the clutch. I tried adjusting it from the spin wheel at the lever but that just made it worse and impossible to use without stalling the bike. Idk what I did wrong but shouldnt the clutch engage somewere in the middle of the lever????? -Matt

trepetti

It's all good!
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
So on Thursday I changed the oil and lubed the clutch cable and wow the clutch is super easy to pull now! Only problem is idk what happened but now the zone were the clutch engages is like two millimeters and its the very beginning of the lever. If I so much as even touch the clutch with my finger it disengauges the clutch. I tried adjusting it from the spin wheel at the lever but that just made it worse and impossible to use without stalling the bike. Idk what I did wrong but shouldnt the clutch engage somewere in the middle of the lever????? -Matt

You clearly don't have enough slack in the cable (see the attached service manual page). When you removed the cable to lube you had to detach it from the lever. Make sure that the ball end is sitting correctly in the recess in the lever. If it is not, and you add slack mechanically, it may pop back in and leave you with so much slack that you cannot disengage the clutch. Take it off and have a look.