CO riders

lomax

Reaction score
Visit site
The ride today really sucked. :D Terrible weather and horrible scenery.

The old Beemer can still dance however. :thumbup:

DSC01737.jpg

Marc

Olas

Reaction score
Visit site
I am in Englewood, 15 minutes south of Downtown Denver.

I see a maroon FZ6 with a rear Givi case parked off Speer across the street from the CU buildings all the time. It looks exactly like mine, same Givi case and everything.

Does it belong to anyone here?

lomax

Reaction score
Visit site
If anyone is looking for a nice FZ6 let me know before you run out and buy one. Mine might be for sale if I can find the right replacement bike. Anyone have a R100GS wink,wink,nudge,nudge

Marc

xXxSushanxXx

Reaction score
Visit site
Saw a black fz6 on Arapahoe with smoke coming out of the back.
Was with 2 other bikes, pulled into Fay Mayers before I caught up...

Also Ride thru I25 was horrible today! I was pretty much rideing at a 45 degree angle to make up for how much the wind was pushing!

V45

Reaction score
Visit site
Re: CO riders - some are crazy

Howdy. Newbie here.

I don't ride an FZ6 but I am looking at that or an FZ1, I test rode and FZ1 last season and I am glad I have been working out cause it was difficult to hold on. :rockon: I currently ride an 83 V45 Magna.

Yesterday I saw someone on a red ratty looking FZ6 in Boulder while driving my car - Arapahoe to Foothills to US36 east. He wasn't' a smart rider. I am sure he doesn't post here cause' it would take too much thinking for him to use a PC, and this guy was either suicidal or just a plain idiot. I was in a hurry but he must have thought I was trying to race him. Either way he kept trying to force my car over with his bike!! :eek: It's good for him that 1. I ride and 2. I am normally a pretty calm guy (not homicidal) even though a normal person might have been provoked close to that point.

My best friend years ago got rear ended by a car that he passed, and my friend wasn't trying to start anything, he just passed the guy. It was just a straight on bump and he didn't lose control or anything and eventually was able to ride to the shoulder safety after there was more traffic, he was on an old Kawasaki 750 inline 4, this was years ago.

Fishwiz4

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm currently in South Dakota, but am moving to the Fort Collins area in late March. I have a new job and am so excited to move to Fort Collins! I don't plan to ride a lot this summer because we just had our first child, but I plan on exploring some nearby mountain roads a little.

This will be my first time living in an area with other fz6 fans, so I'd love to join a small group ride at some point if it works out.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

gnyce

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I have had mine for over a year now (the fastest blue one). Still going strong and I love it. Doing a Deckers run with a friend tonight if anyone is interested. I'll be at the Morrison Conoco around 3:30.

Deckers!!! OK, I don't live in CO anymore, but I went to HS in Co Spgs, and we used to go tubing up at Deckers. Thanks man, brought back some great memories!

gnyce

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm currently in South Dakota, but am moving to the Fort Collins area in late March. I have a new job and am so excited to move to Fort Collins! I don't plan to ride a lot this summer because we just had our first child, but I plan on exploring some nearby mountain roads a little.

This will be my first time living in an area with other fz6 fans, so I'd love to join a small group ride at some point if it works out.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

Congrats man! I lived in FtC for 2 1/2 years... we loved it there (but extended family was on east coast, and drew us back). It's a great town (but I didn't have a bike back then). Lots of BMW ADV bikes riding up the Poudre... you'll see! ;)

lytehouse

The Toy Lady
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Welcome to Colorado Fishwiz4! Ft.Collins is a great little town!

gnyce, off topic a bit, but where did you go to HS?
Both my kids went to Air Academy.....

gnyce

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Welcome to Colorado Fishwiz4! Ft.Collins is a great little town!

gnyce, off topic a bit, but where did you go to HS?
Both my kids went to Air Academy.....

The now-defunct Roy J Wasson, class of '86. I lived near Austin Bluffs (off of Maizeland). FtC is great, but Co Spgs is downright beautiful, with the view of Pikes Peak.