Contour Roam For Christmas!

ryan00ss

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks to another member on here, I bought myself a Contour Roam Camcorder. I took some test footage from this morning. Wasn't too nice out but i wanted to see what the picture looked like. I think I am going to remount the camera a little lower on my helmet and point it down more. Also Ive heard that placing a piece of tape over the microphone helps with wind noise alot. Going to try that as well. Overall I am very happy. Oh and i have another one up for sale on ebay if anyone is interested. eBay - New & used electronics, cars, apparel, collectibles, sporting goods & more at low prices

Heres the footage (Only in 720p)

FZ6 Contour Roam Test - YouTube

McLovin

plain evil
Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks to another member on here, I bought myself a Contour Roam Camcorder. I took some test footage from this morning. Wasn't too nice out but i wanted to see what the picture looked like. I think I am going to remount the camera a little lower on my helmet and point it down more. Also Ive heard that placing a piece of tape over the microphone helps with wind noise alot. Going to try that as well. Overall I am very happy. Oh and i have another one up for sale on ebay if anyone is interested. eBay - New & used electronics, cars, apparel, collectibles, sporting goods & more at low prices

Heres the footage (Only in 720p)

FZ6 Contour Roam Test - YouTube

looks good..im considering getting a helmet cam..Few questions:

How did you get the youtube player to start playing in 720p automatically?

Does it record in .mp4 (H.264)?

I'm also wondering about the size of the file you uploaded...

thanks!!

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
looks good..im considering getting a helmet cam..Few questions:

How did you get the youtube player to start playing in 720p automatically?

Does it record in .mp4 (H.264)?

I'm also wondering about the size of the file you uploaded...

thanks!!

To start youtube vids in HD, add the following to the end of URL: &hd=1

My Contour records in .mov format.

I edit my vids in Sony Vegas Platinum 10 and save them as wmv files (720p, 24fps). 6 minute video would typically be ~200mb.

Truth

Reaction score
Visit site
I got myself the same present. I'm still playing with it a bit to get the hang of using it. How did you mount it to the helmet? I was considering using one of the mounts that came with the camera, but I'm worried wind will blow it off

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I got myself the same present. I'm still playing with it a bit to get the hang of using it. How did you mount it to the helmet? I was considering using one of the mounts that came with the camera, but I'm worried wind will blow it off

Yeah, use one of the mounts. The double-sided tape they use is very strong. If attached properly the wind will never pull it off.

agf

Go Naked- Its liberating
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
hey thanks for the vid, I was just looking at one of these cams at a trade show this arvo.
I might buy myself one for my b'day

Can you tell me where you got your tiny fisheye mirrors from, I have been looking for 1" diameter ones for ages, smallest I can find here in Australia is two inch diam.