Coolant Reservoir Replace?

thisisdylan

Reaction score
Visit site
I changed the coolant recently, and it was working fine. My bike was getting hot after some easy rides, requiring the fan to turn on for about 3-4 minutes at the end of a ride (abnormal behavior even after the coolant change). I checked the rez and there was a crack in the plastic at the high level mark that I had not noticed before, and the level was below low.

I sourced a used part and will pick it up in a day or two. What are the required steps to replace this? I could not find a record online of someone performing this. I'm guessing the tank will need to come completely off, but that's all that comes to mind. Anything else special needed?

Thanks

bpchura

Reaction score
Visit site
There are two different locations of the coolant overflow tank depending on your bike year.... Mine if right behind the headers on the right. You should be able to get in there with a wrench and simply bolt the new one in.

thisisdylan

Reaction score
Visit site

thisisdylan

Reaction score
Visit site
I'll probably have to take the headers off to take the midpipe off if it gets in the way (which it probably will). I wish it was up at the radiator, that would make it much easier.
It should be pretty straight forward.

Just make sure the main hose is not kinked once done as well as the overflow hose....
Thanks Scott, will do.

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Page 2-48 in your shop manual show's ONLY the two top bolts (visible with the seat off) holding it in.

I'd start there, and would't pull anything else unless needed. Looks very simple (at least in the manual)..

PM sent