Coolant top off

bikerider

Super Moderator
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I just noticed the coolant is on the low side. What's a good brand to top it off with? It's the green color. I don't wanna flush the system, just add to it. What would be the easiest way to do this?
Thanks
Chris

LERecords

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
get a long funnel or a turkey baster... then just add some distilled water to the container under the seat.. if your only looking for a few ounces, it wont be that big of a deal.. as long as its not bone dry, your fine.. if it is, you may want to consider changing the coolent.. otherwise some distilled water can be used to top it off..

PhotoAl

Reaction score
Visit site
I use Honda HP coolant from the motorcycle dealer. There are several threads about coolants for more info. Don't use Dexcool. Seems like not all green coolants are the same. The Honda coolant is a bargain at $6.95 a quart but it does help keep the good folks around.

bikerider

Super Moderator
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
get a long funnel or a turkey baster... then just add some distilled water to the container under the seat.. if your only looking for a few ounces, it wont be that big of a deal.. as long as its not bone dry, your fine.. if it is, you may want to consider changing the coolent.. otherwise some distilled water can be used to top it off..

It's not bone dry. Its slightly under the low marker of the reserve tank.