Crash caught on video

brad81987

Reaction score
Visit site
Wow. I'd say he's damn lucky, just the fact he was able to get up is pretty impressive. Stop and go traffic like that requires your full attention in ALL directions. I always give myself at least 3 or 4 bike lengths in front of me to escape and watch my mirrors like a hawk until there are at least 1 or 2 cars stopped behind me (and stay in gear!!!).

nextfriday

Reaction score
Visit site
my worst fear is a rearend. nice check at the intersection by the rider, although i didnt see him check as he was braking quickly. amazing how the bike just exploded. knowledge is power. thanks for posting.

KBrink

Reaction score
Visit site
I try to keep a eye out for ignorant "cagers" at every stop, but there's only so much a rider can do to avoid an incident like this. I still worry about drivers like that every time my wife (a less experienced rider) heads out on one of the bikes!!! :shakehead: I think that guy had his "spider sense" working, ha ha.

Ride Safe!!!! :)

Last edited:

motojoe122

No ride is too far...
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
WOW, thats a WTF moment! Looks like he got the bike knocked right out from under him. Amazing he's even standing up, I probably would have been yacking from the shock of what had just happened.

BusyWeb

Reaction score
Visit site
That's really a good luck.
For this reason, I usually(not always) don't stop behind the cars specially at the stop signs.
Rather, I try to go far forward and put me at the side of the stopped cars at the stop signs if lane splits possible, that makes me less nervous about the rear traffics(cages) hit.

rjo3491

Missing The Fiz-Sometimes
Reaction score
Visit site
His gear saved him. I'm going YELLOW this year with my jacket (just got it!!). The thing is hideous, just what I wanted!

motojoe122

No ride is too far...
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I got the Hi-viz mesh vest from ICON, fits perfect over my jacket. I stick out like a sore thumb but people can see it. I might get the backpack too.

Twitch

Elite Pimp
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Holy crap ... It hit the bike out and launched him up then he fell back down on the bike on his feet .. This guy does parkour !