Custom paint job

idanny

Reaction score
www.minutehound.com
Does anyone on here have a custom paint job I am thinking about taking all the plastics and gas tank of my bike and getting it repainted.
Anyone have any suggestion I have the silver frame

Last edited:

Botch

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S!!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I've got the faster blue model, and I'd love to throw some yellow stripes or bolts tastefully, here and there; a la Blue Angels. The exact pattern's up to you. ;)

idanny

Reaction score
www.minutehound.com
Well I am thinking about taking it down to the local swap meet and having the guy air brush it all black. Then having him airbrush some kind of skull on the gas tank.

idanny

Reaction score
www.minutehound.com

steveindenmark

Older Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I would forget the flag idea because someone always has a gripe about other countries.

I don`t think the FZ6 is big or mean looking enough for skulls. It needs to be tasteful but not in your face.

I was looking at a Celtic pattern theme but its all a personal choice.

I like the blue FZ6, I would save the money on paint and use it for a long road trip instead.

Steve

Zealous

Reaction score
Visit site
In my opinion, graphics on a bike can look over the top even if they're subtle. I think going for a different color than stock will definately set you apart. I always thought that a light copper color would really look sweet (look at the new color of the mitsubishi eclipse for example), or a yellow. Another thing you can do is use the colors of the israeli flag. Blue fairings with white accents would look sharp. The star of David wouldn't work though. Unfortunately people are prejudice in the good ol' US of A, and you wouldn't want some idiot running you off the road for your nationality. We both know how people drive in LV as it is. I hope this helped man! Let me know when you get it done anyway! I want to see it, as I'm sure Kenny would too. :rockon:

gomd3

Reaction score
Visit site
Im still coming up with the final design. Im going all yellow with flame job, I do my own custom flames and Im trying to see if I can get them done in flat black with metal flake yellow.... gotta work out the details but should be a good look. As for skulls, I've never really liked them, they look good on harleys but I haven't seen too many on sports bikes.

idanny

Reaction score
www.minutehound.com
Let me explain my idea about the skulls. I was thinking one skull on the gas tank. Not many of them. I would keep it blue with the skull, but I think the black would set it apart more.
That flame job sounds really cool, how close are you to making it happpen?

H

HavBlue

Just a thought here:

Custom paint schemes are much like tattoos in that they often say so much about the person they're on or in this case the person's ride. The one difference is you can always spend more money to change the paint scheme where the tattoos are forever. Take the time to talk with the artist and explain what you seek and the statement you are trying to make. This information will go a long way in helping the artist craft the scheme. You will also find things better if you can gather some pictures of what you like so that artist knows what he/she is trying to attain. When it comes to custom paint money talks and to me cheap custom paint takes away from the machine as opposed to making it better.....

Good luck,
Charlie