Days of the FZ6 as we know it numbered?

jeff in ohio

Reaction score
Visit site
Well, with Yamaha showing the FZ6R releasing the FZ6R in America and this at the EICMA show today, one has to wonder. The FZ6R is known as the XJ6 Diversion in Europe. Today they showed a naked version ofthe XJ600. I think it looks pretty sharp - better than the FZ6R for sure....

yamahaxj6-10690-084-f.jpg

yamahaxj6-10690-074-f.jpg

yamahaxj6-10690-068-f.jpg

Hope you can read Italian....

Yamaha XJ 600 | MotorBox | Moto | Magazine

Yamaha XJ 600 | MotorBox | Moto | Magazine | Anteprima

CanadianFZ6

Reaction score
Visit site
Sadly, you may be right.... 2009 could be the last year of our 98hp FZ6.... I really hope not, though... However, I think I will buy another FZ6 before they disappear for good....

steveindenmark

Older Member
Reaction score
Visit site
The Diversion is also an excellent bike. I think we will still be riding the FZ6 for a long time to come though.

Steve

jeff in ohio

Reaction score
Visit site
I'd have to give the XJ600 the nod over the naked Euro FZ6 in the looks department. here is the '09 FZ for comparison

2009-FZ6-S2-ABS-colour-yellow_prv_tcm46-267879.jpg

mastakilla

Reaction score
Visit site
wow that naked FZ6R looks amazing. Very strong contender of the Z-750 IMO, and one I'd certainly buy (as far as the looks go at least...)

Although I love my FZ6, I think I'll be buying another model for my second bike. There are so many good ones out there, and I want to try several of them... And then who knows, maybe later on I'll get back to the Fizzer...

tom5796

Fizshizzle
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Well, with Yamaha showing the FZ6R releasing the FZ6R in America and this at the EICMA show today, one has to wonder. The FZ6R is known as the XJ6 Diversion in Europe. Today they showed a naked version ofthe XJ600. I think it looks pretty sharp - better than the FZ6R for sure....
yamahaxj6-10690-068-f.jpg

Hope you can read Italian....

Hmm, I can't help but notice the similarities.... Euro FZ1-style triangular headlight, beefier radiator shrouds, etc... Maybe this is why they didn't want me showing up at Laguna?

2999720521_75240a7e07_o.jpg

cws6fan

Parrothead
Reaction score
Visit site
Hmm, I can't help but notice the similarities.... Euro FZ1-style triangular headlight, beefier radiator shrouds, etc... Maybe this is why they didn't want me showing up at Laguna?

That's what I thought when I frst saw these pics. That thing looks a lot like Tom's. Your FZ6 looks much better though.

CrazyBiker

Superbike Champion
Reaction score
Visit site
Hey when did you get those rizomas?? Your bike is so hot that I want to buy it from you whenever you sell it.

However if I were to get another bike it will be a Triumph mostly the Street Triple or the Daytona.

FZ1inNH

********* w/ Twisted Fate
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I like it and I don't. I'd like to have it as a second bike! ;)

I just have to wonder if they will release a naked version here in the U.S. We've yet to see one without an owner building it themselves.

I think it is absolutely uncanny how much it does resemble Tom's awesome ride too!

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I think it looks great, pity it's got less ponies, and still basement level brakes & suspension.

:spank:

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
sharp looking bike, it would be a shame to replace the FZ, but maybe they could merge them and make that one bettwr to fill the shoes.