Dead horn

Dragonryu

Reaction score
Visit site
Hello guys, me again.

My horn died and I have no clue where the problem might be coming from.

I read some of the threads and I think I understand that the rear brake fuse and the horn is the same. So, since my brake light seems to be working fine I'm not sure if the horn died, the thing is I very rarely use it, so I'm not sure if not using it broke it or there is something else.

There is a tiny short somewhere because with vibration the tiny blue light that indicates that the highbeams are on turns on and off (not the highbeams though, just the blue light), although the short would have had blown the fuse (which is not the case). So now I'm a little confused.

My bike is a 2006

PS: I have a Instagram about my bike and gyrocopters if you guys want to visit someday it's called theflyingmotorcycle

Thanks for your help.

Gary in NJ

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
It's only a short if the load goes to ground. What you are seeing is cross talk between positive wires. Somewhere in your harness wires have chafed, exposing at least two copper wires. Since it is revealing itself in the high beam indicator, I would trouble shoot that problem by tracing that circuit back to the source. When you find the damaged part of the harness you will hopefully find the horn wire problem as well.

My money is where the harness enters the frame on the left side of the box. You may need to remove the airbox to gain access.

Last edited:

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
You might test to see if there is voltage present at the horn when you operate the horn switch. This could eliminate an actual failure of the horn itself.

I suggest opening the left hand control assembly because the high beam control switch and horn switch are housed in the assembly as well as the directional signal control switch. There may be some corrosion in that switch assembly which is responsible for horn switch contact failure as well as high beam indicator blinking. Low current shorting would allow the LED in the instrument cluster to light without enough current to light the high beam lamp.

My first thought is that multi switch assembly.

I also agree with Gary on a possible harness problem.