Demo'd Triumph Street Triple R Today

CrazyBiker

Superbike Champion
Reaction score
Visit site
How is the gearbox and the brakes. Triumphs always have issues with notchy gearbox and missed shifts. Even though they provide stock SS lines, brake feedback is also wooden. Ofcourse these are the things I keep hearing and I haven't test ridden one. I want to trade my FZ6 for a Triumph for sure.

Kazza

Administrator aka Mrs Prebstar
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
How is the gearbox and the brakes. Triumphs always have issues with notchy gearbox and missed shifts. Even though they provide stock SS lines, brake feedback is also wooden. Ofcourse these are the things I keep hearing and I haven't test ridden one. I want to trade my FZ6 for a Triumph for sure.
That's the old Triumphs. Since about 06 they have been great.

JohnTex

Reaction score
Visit site
My limited experience matches on the brakes & gearbox. No brake issues for me (haven't yet "used" the ABS), and the shifting, even at several thousand miles into an oil change, is smoother than my FZ6- particularly that 1st-2nd THUNK that made the kids at the end of the street stop & watch.

Some of the '08 1050s have clutch issues, but those show up ~2k miles and are easily fixed with an overnight visit to the dealer, all under warranty. As with any vehicle these days, a search of the appropriate online forums will reveal common issues to watch for.

rsw81

Keep it Kosher
Reaction score
Visit site
Street3R is beautiful, how is it for a pillion. Wish all the rumors of a Baby Tiger 675 will come true.

It does pretty well for a pillion rider, so long as the rider remembers to keep herself from sliding forward too much. The saddle is tilted forward quite a bit, making for a close introduction between my jewels and the tank.:spank:

JohnTex

Reaction score
Visit site
As for deals on sprints, they are out there. The bike is basically unchanged since 07 and you can find them sitting on the floor at dealers. Do a little searching & shoot them a price. They may take it- that is what I did in late summer. Went for a 2 day motorcycle ride before an out of town bicycle race (a teammate took my "other" bike), and came home on a different motorcycle...

Also note that the sticker has gone up $300-$500 per year for basically the same bike since '07, so factor that in. It also doesn't matter what year the bike is- if it hasn't been licensed, the 2 year, unlimited mileage factory warranty starts when you buy it.