Dent and Scratch Sale - 2005 Tank and Fairing

trailhead

Motorcyclist
Reaction score
Visit site
Hey guys,

One of the other riders at work accidentally knocked over my bike in the parking lot a few weeks ago and unfortunately it fell over on the corner of the curb. He was a stand-up guy and came in with his head hanging low to tell me (thanks Eric, I'm sure it was tough but very cool of you!).

To the point, the tank was dented on the right side and the fairing ended up with a small chunk broken out of it. Check the pic.

View attachment 43987

I'm just checking to see if anyone is interested in these parts as a best offer kind of deal. They would be great for track days, or maybe your bike is messed up more than mine was.

Not really too hip on shipping them because they are really bulky, but if you're willing to pay for it, I'll consider it. BTW, I live outside San Jose, CA.

Tank is gone, probably going to recycle the fairing. Just remembered that I have the fairing subframe available too. Not in too bad shape, hangs a little to the left but only 1/4 to 1/2 inch

The parts don't come with any little bits like nut plates or rubber bumpers, etc. It's just the tank and the fairing.

I hate to throw this stuff away if someone could put it to good use so let me know if you're interested. They will just end up going into the recycling bin in a week or so if no one is interested.

Have a great day guys, rubber side down!

trailhead :iconbeer:

Last edited:

visions

THAT guy
Reaction score
Visit site
depends what kind of pricing you are thinking, but im interested in the tank and im pretty close to you so shipping should be reasonable. pm me

trailhead

Motorcyclist
Reaction score
Visit site
Tank is gone.

Probably going to recycle the fairing unless someone grabs it in the next few days.

Just remembered I have the fairing subframe. It hangs just a little to the left, maybe 1/4 to 1/2 inch.

trailhead

Ruggybuggy

Reaction score
Visit site
This may sound strange but do you want to sell me two of the allen screws with the plastic washers? I in a rual area and there are no close Yamaha dealer in the area. I need them to install my Powerbronze lowers and would like to install extra screws near the front of the fairing.

Thanks