Deploying soon...

corekneelius

Reaction score
Visit site
so im getting deployed early next year for an unknown length of time and i dont want to keep my fz6 sitting in a garage for 12-28 months. i was wondering if anyone knows of a website or some kind of group that helps deploying soldiers get rid of stuff before they ship out. any help will be appreciated! thanks

necrotimus

Stop looking at my title!
Reaction score
Visit site
I don't know of any specific military sites but craigslist has helped me get rid of a lot of stuff both stuff I've sold and stuff I've given away.

sideshow_downs

Finally Summer
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
My FZ is sitting in my garage waiting for me to redeploy right now.I couldnt bare to get rid of it. Knowing she is sitting there waiting for me gets me excited about goinghome.

OLYpilot510

Reaction score
Visit site
Corekneelius-

Ask your local base/post transportation office about "non-temporary storage" while you're gone. It should be free, if your intention is to keep the bike (and other stuff). Aside from that, I really don't know many options. Maybe a trusted friend or neighbor who could fire it up once every couple weeks?

I just got back from a lengthy "business trip" to Afghanistan myself, so from one service member to another: good luck & stay safe.

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Thank you for your service, i think that storing it would be your best bet if you can get it put away correctly and free it will be perfectly fine waiting when you come home, But if you must sell it then Craigslist works well, but you get a lot of BS tire kickers...

thirty_too

FZ6 Junkie
Reaction score
Visit site
you know you could always bring it to me and ill take care of her while you are gone... i promise to treat her as my own :) :thumbup:

Humperdinkel

Resident Rumologist
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
To all those members deployed , preparing to deploy and those who have returned.... I salute you and thankyou for providing the very freedom in which i ride my Fizzer :thumbup:..... My family and I would like to wish you all a safe and merry christmas , hope to see you all home safe and well real soon.......Daniel

Sawblade

Hopped up on Mountain Dew
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Give someone you trust limited power of attorney and put it on the lemon lot on base.

corekneelius

Reaction score
Visit site
thanks for all the input guys, i appreciate it. dont really want to store it too badly. no particular reason except i dont want to deal with it. thinking about a zx10r when i get back (NOT!). anyways, thanks again, i will put it up on craigslist i guess, i know im going to take a hit selling it right now, but its all good.

MaVricK

Reaction score
Visit site
Mate, I just got back a while ago. Trust me when I say that the little effort req for storage is worth it. It will be the first thing you want to do when you get back and is a great way to get your head back into real life. Nothing better then then you, your bike and the open road to help deal with returning to normality. Good luck O/S, give 'em hell and have a safe one.

Smittyboy

Reaction score
Visit site
Be safe, take care man! If only WI was closer to texas... Good luck selling it, and this is what a ranger friend of mine says... put the sucker on the stick in the center of the circle and squeeze. ;)

FZ1inNH

********* w/ Twisted Fate
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Fred or Pete can babysit it for you. :D

Thanks for serving and I hope that you return safe and sound!

Norm

Senior FZ6 Advisor
Reaction score
Visit site
No suggestions. Just wanted to thank you for your service.