Difference in power delivery

Tour Guide

Reaction score
Visit site
I know that the engines should be the same. I love the power delivery of my 04, a lot of torque between 4 and 6 grand. My nephew is wanting to buy mine and i'd like to upgrade to an 07 or 08. Just wondering if any has done this or rode the 04 and 05's then an 07 or 08 and can give me first hand thoughts. thanks

DefyInertia

Former '04 FZ6 Rider
Reaction score
Visit site
*cough* FZ6inNH....

Well, we just learned that the '07+ has a 30mm counter-shaft nut....that must add 30HP at least!

Is momma excited about the lower rubber capped footpegs???

opds9091

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
and o my 07 i did the -1, +2 and that just yankes the tq factor by gulp, so that adds some sweeat up tune ro re tune to the r6.

opds9091

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
along with the pc111 and the scorp cans and K&N filt. I want to get the bike dynoed but i have been in the hospital sisnce the deals gap RC. Any guess on what the bike will have. And on another note HEY ALL LONG TIME NO TALK, HOPE ALL IS WELL, and cant wait to talk to you all.:rockon::rockon:

Tour Guide

Reaction score
Visit site
yeah defy - gotta keep momma happy. actually she's getting old(er) and that'll be the the only way i can get a little evening action after riding all day in the twisties ! my nephew is wanting mine and will give me 4,500 for it with some accs. i'm sitting on 20,000 miles. so i figuered i could upgrade to an 07 with lower miles with @ 1,000 to 1,500 thrown in. really leaning toward the faster red. So between the red and the contershaft nut change ther'll be now holding me back!
i keep hearing @ an oct. gap meet - what's the word?

W

wrightme43

Hey Scott whats up man? Say hi to Alisha (hopefully spelled right) too.

Havent heard about a Oct gap meet. any details?

One thing you will love about the new one is the brakes.

Tour Guide

Reaction score
Visit site
close - Elisha ( unique spelling )
waiting on sombody to post up some dates ( sometimes i follow)
brakes - what are those? ( LOL )

ant_mb

Super *********
Reaction score
Visit site
I posted that I will be there(deals gap) in October with a BMW group. I was trying to see if anyone from here was inerested in getting together. I'm still waiting on the final dates from them before I start a final post. I was hoping to get a couple guys from here to ride up for a few days.