display is blank and rpm not working

cda47

Reaction score
Visit site
SureI Crashed The Bike A Few Years Ago And Just Got It Runningg.. It Does Not Have Anything In The Front. No Lights Yet Or Fairings.

The Display Is Blank But The Icon Lights Work (I.E. lights, Neutral And The Rpm Is Not Moving. I Don't Have The Ground Connected. Not sure Where To Put It. I Tried Just Putting It To The BOdy. And ThatDidn'tWork. Was Thinking To Cut Into To Ground Wire For The Lights?

You could attach the instrument cluster ground wire the any of the headlight ground wires. The color of the headlight ground wires is black. :)

Re: Re: display is blank and rpm not working

SureI Crashed The Bike A Few Years Ago And Just Got It Runningg.. It Does Not Have Anything In The Front. No Lights Yet Or Fairings.

The Display Is Blank But The Icon Lights Work (I.E. lights, Neutral And The Rpm Is Not Moving. I Don't Have The Ground Connected. Not sure Where To Put It. I Tried Just Putting It To The BOdy. And ThatDidn'tWork. Was Thinking To Cut Into To Ground Wire For The Lights?

You keep creating threads about your odometer ground not working and not responding coherently. Please stop making new threads and give feedback about the suggestions that have been given to you by knowledgeable members of the forum. Maybe then you can solve your problem with your crashed fz6 odometer not working properly. We want to help but you aren't allowing us.

My ApolOgies For The Previous Posts. I Connected The Ground To The HeaD Light Ground That Did Not Turn On The Display Or Get The Rpm To Work.... Are There Fuses For these Two things?

If the ignition fuse blows then you will not have any activity at the gauges. I don't believe the fuel pump will make it's whirring sound either when that fuse is out. The crash may have pinched wires and created a short. The fuse is in the right side rear fairing by the seat.

I want to say it sounds like what happens when the cluster is not plugged in, though that wouldn't explain the shift light. Bike would work fine just no gauges. So maybe there's a loose connection there or some of the wires are damaged.
What's with the 6th grade girl use of capital letters?

All data to the instrument is through a single wire from the ECM. It transmits Temp, Tach, distance, air temp, etc, from the ECM. When I say "DATA" that does NOT include indicator lamps. Just LCD display data.

Consult the OEM service manual for color code. Inspect the harness at the ECM.

Back