DIY Pannier Racks

dbldutch02

Reaction score
Visit site
Bought myself some cheap old panniers but couldn't bear the meccano set that came with them as a mounting kit, so I decided to make my own. The idea was for it not to look too hideous when the panniers are off, and for the frame to be easy to remove. It mounts on 4 bolts, with only 2 new holes at the footpegs.

DSC_0001.jpg

DSC_0002.jpg

DSC_0003.jpg

major tom

Reaction score
Visit site
Very nice! All straight tubes which must have been nice to lay it out. And the bags are nicely proportioned and don't stick out to far.

dbldutch02

Reaction score
Visit site
Very nice! All straight tubes which must have been nice to lay it out. And the bags are nicely proportioned and don't stick out to far.

It would have been a lot easier if I'd had time to remove the subframe and put it on the bench! As it was there was a lot of to and froing, trial and error to get it spot on. Even then, I'd worked with the side pods off, so had to "engineer" a couple of dents in the panniers so they don't foul the pods :)

BTW is that a personalised (Dutch, Verboon) number plate ;)

It's a personalised UK plate, my surname is indeed Verboon. No problem here in Wales, but I have been pulled over in Holland because the coppers can't believe it's real :)