Dual headlight mod

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I did the Gands quick job but in the UK it is an MOT failure to have both dipped bulbs illuminated- I was told that the reflector on the right hand side is designed for the headlight main bulb and could dazzle

Dont know about that but I incorporated a male and female bullet connector into the new cable so I could quickly disconnect when my bike comes up to three years old

The reflector was designed for hi beam. The Gands mod is okay as a temp high beam application but longer time use and it will over heat.

lazamus69

Heavy User
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
i was going to go HID for bike and car but halogen does it for me and its hassle free , hid is for ricers <<:spank:

umm...actually HID is for those who want to see more of the road but your an Albertan...can understand your logic now...:BLAA:

mave2911

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
umm...actually HID is for those who want to see more of the road but your an Albertan...can understand your logic now...:BLAA:

I concur! 2x55W (1xH7 & 1xH4 bixenon) and you can see EVERYTHING! (and if it's adjusted correctly, it doesn't annoy other drivers)

My car has 2x55W H4 and 2x55W in Lightforce 240mm spotlights - it lights up the road like the second coming of Christ!

Cheers,
Rick

red06

Reaction score
Visit site
The reflector was designed for hi beam. The Gands mod is okay as a temp high beam application but longer time use and it will over heat.
you are right , so lets say i do the bd43 mod , i could add another h4 bulb so i run a 2x H4 setup with both low on , or both high on ? also connecting both of the H4's low beam to the bd43 wire in the harness?
it should only take a dremmel to cut down the H4 base to fit into the H7 slot .
or you could wire the h7 bulb along with bd43 mod so it goes to high beam

here are some random finds for "inspiration":thumbup:
pics of someone on here modding h7 and h4 bulbs
for those who did the H4 (dual headlight) mod : Kawasaki ZX Forums: Kawasaki Ninja Forum

how to mod h4 bulb to fit into h7 slot
http://www.sportbikes.net/forums/at...bulb-h4-dual-filament-bulb-headlight-swap.jpg

mave2911

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
you are right , so lets say i do the bd43 mod , i could add another h4 bulb so i run a 2x H4 setup with both low on , or both high

ONLY if you modify the H7 reflector or the H4 bulb will not fit.

Cheers,
Rick

EDIT: Dremel - that'll teach me not to read the ENTIRE post! Sorry!

red06

Reaction score
Visit site

funny stuff , i made this thread because i see there is some potential in the fz6 stock setup to be improved , and it will be worth the effort .
reason i stay away from Hid is the high beam bulbs are the same as the low beam bulbs , the only way they switch to high is the bulb has a magnet which moves it up , lol .
on my car i have projectors with 9005 nighthawks and i am willing to bet they throw twice as far as a HID kit :BLAA:

mave2911

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Another benefit of the HIDs, is that you run it through a relay, straight from the battery, so is exclusive of the original harness (except for the trigger) and you can run dual H4s off the one trigger (bd43 mod)

Cheers,
Rick

mave2911

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
on my car i have projectors with 9005 nighthawks and i am willing to bet they throw twice as far as a HID kit :BLAA:

Difficult to test, from other sides of the globe, but I used to use a reflective end of street sign, at the end a straight bit of road to adjust my spotlights.

Sounds reasonable, but the street sign was 1.6kms away.... (.99mi) (and remember the benefits of 6000k colour temperature lighting, more like daylight, than 4300k halogen or 5000k 'white' globes)

When I'm driving on an otherwise empty highway, oncoming vehicles dip their highbeam LONG before even seeing my car - and often around a bend, long before the light is even pointing toward them! (you can see the beams, reflected from airborne debris/dust)

That's why I call them my Lightforce Lightsabers!

Cheers,
Rick

Last edited: