DUMONDE Tech, BHP Chain Lubrication & O-Ring Conditioner

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Forewarning - I need more miles before making a statement about long term durability but in the interim I have this to share.
** EDIT: It'll go 450 miles w/out intermediate application

If you have done everything in your power to reduce vibrations like:
* New plugs of proper gap 0.028" max
* Trimmed Spark Plug wires at the caps insertion point
* Engine oil is fresh
* Valve adjust & TB sync
* Rear wheel is properly aligned (sprocket) and tires balanced & true

As a final measure, try this product!
DUMONDE Tech, BHP Chain Lubrication & O-Ring Conditioner

Pros:
+ Drive Chain vibration has been neutralized to ZERO!
+ It feels like free horsepower!!! Never before I have seen a lube that had this effect!
+ Its in a squeeze bottle. It goes where you put it.
+ It smells good when it burns on the header! lol (Excess application)

Cons:
- Its easy to apply too much from the manufactures bottle.
- In excess, it runs off chain and swing arm.
EDIT: - IT FLIES OFF in EXCESS

Thoughts:
Transfer it to a smaller container with tip allowing better control of volume dispensed.
I'll post again with a follow up regarding durability and miles before applying, dirt cling and all that. Its currently at 180 miles.

Filler comments:
I'd really like to say my bike is vibration free and runs like a top (it does), but when this chain lube removed an invisible layer of vibrations that I assumed to be inherent in the bike - I was shocked and impressed!!! If it goes 300 running as smooth (vibration free) I'll be sold. If its still hanging on at 400 miles its WIN over all products I've tried to date!

FWIW: I've been using the "top rated/reviewed" spray lubes which all failed to go an honest 300 miles without succumbing to noise, vibrations, and the obvious "dry chain" indicating they don't stand a prayer of going 500 miles. So after every product is gone, I try something new in hopes it will hold up better.
Again, I was shocked to find a product which really removed another layer of vibrations! Its like coasting in a car now with no perceivable change from power applied to coasting. Its just smooth and queit!

It looks like this!
54630d1407816024-rpm-idle-warm-hot-img_20140809_164505_671-jpg

EDIT: Round 3, (** insert heavy sigh here **), Cleaned the chain, rode the bike, heated the chain plus it was 85F outside at the time, oiled an old tooth brush and applied it to the chain. Again - easy to get too much. And in Excess it flies off. Its on the bike but not on the rider. I'll make one more attempt at applying less as I don't like oil on my tire or exhaust!

EDIT: Round 4; Use a syringe and blunt tip applicator!
I purchased these but the tips were to big for this, too much volume.
*) "Pack of 10 x 10 ml Industrial Syringes with 15G x 1-1/2" Blunt Tip Fill Needle and plastic cover"

+ Either of these and likely smaller quantities!
*) 25 Ga. Red, 1.5" Precision Stainless Steel Dispensing Tip, 50/box Part Number: EFD 7018339
*) 22 Ga. Blue, 1.5" Precision Stainless Steel Dispensing Tip, 50/box Part Number: EFD 7018266

OR - an oral cleaning syringe - meant for h20 only. May not Last long tho.

Just be sure to get a setup that locks the tip to the syringe others wise it may shoot off, like these "Tips.

EDIT #2: This WORKS WELL!
56133d1424114393-show-us-your-fz-special-tools-img_20150215_132219_902-jpg

Last edited:

ChanceCoats123

Reaction score
Visit site
I've been using whatever my family friends have around (a bit of a mooch).

It's probably time I get my own chain lube. :spank:

Let us know how this is working once you put more miles on. It would be awesome to have an actual 500 mile chain lube. :thumbup:

FinalImpact

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I've been using whatever my family friends have around (a bit of a mooch).

It's probably time I get my own chain lube. :spank:

Let us know how this is working once you put more miles on. It would be awesome to have an actual 500 mile chain lube. :thumbup:

^^ lol

Its clearly ahead of game Vibration wise. Its crazy it took away another layer of vibes I never thought I could get rid of. Given its made it 425 and is still there I'm happy! I just need a more controlled means of applying it.

Look around and see if you can find it in your town.

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Where do you get it and what type of bottle is it in?

I trust your input on this product!

FinalImpact

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Its in a squezze bottle with a flip spout. Our local bike shop has it (no help for you), they swear by it on the race bikes which seem to win races! When i first read up on it, lots bicycle shops seem to sell it. Also it does come in a smaller bottle to.

FinalImpact

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
** Liquid Performance Chain Lube, No sling **

FWIW: the LAST product used was this:
Liquid Performance Chain Lube, No sling (Green can)

All I can say is going back to an actual oil made a noticeable difference (see comments above). That said, I believe there are better products out there...

Premium Chain Lube » Liquid Performance
This NO SLING formula embraces the latest technology in chain lubrication. Liquid Performance Premium Chain Lube creates a dry, clear film that seals the chain with a combination of LP3C, molybdenum and PTFE which provides superior lubrication resulting in longer chain and sprocket life. Safe for both standard and O-ring chains. Conditions and protects rubber from cracking and deterioration. Evaporates quickly leaving a flexible clear film that repels dirt and water as well as providing protection from rust. Contains no chlorinated solvents or ozone depleters. Available in 13oz. Spray Can.

PROS:
No sling
Dries quick
Its not tacky so dust doesn't cling
Stays on the chain making no mess on the bike

CONS:
Only seems to last about 250 miles before chain is noticeably loud.
Even when freshly applied, it doesn't seem to reduce drive train vibrations at the chain like the DUMONDE Tech, BHP Chain Lubrication.

Comments:
In liquid state has grey/black appearance. Seems fine to apply over itself.
As best I saw, the manufacture does not spell out a suggested interval but had they said to apply every 200 miles I suppose it would meet its claims but I still feel like vibration = lost power and increased friction.

Last edited:

FinalImpact

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
See edits in first post....

If you want your bike to remain spotless clean, try something else or find a good way to apply it.

Next attempt may involve a squeeze bottle, a Y fitting and some very small tubing so the lube goes right to the rollers.

FZSexy

Reaction score
Visit site
interesting thread as i was just going to buy more cleaner and lube. the cleaner part is easy, the lube has been another story. since only maintaining a chain for around 5,000 miles or so the Champion Chain lube i got at first seemed to work fine, but what a white, waxy, flingable mess! no thank you

so i have nee looking around. this stuff posted seems good, but a little pricey. i don't expect CHEAP ubt it is worth the extra few bucks? this brand also has less expensive bike chain lube people swear by. might those work on 'cycles, too?

right now i am considering this:

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/DuPont-Chain-Saver-Self-Cleaning-Lubricant-11-Ounce/dp/B001B0VDC2/ref=pd_ybh_3"]Amazon.com: DuPont Teflon Chain-Saver Dry Self-Cleaning Lubricant, 11-Ounce: Sports & Outdoors[/ame]

or this:

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/PJ1-13oz-Label-Motorcycle-Chain/dp/B00230KKJQ/ref=pd_ybh_4"]Amazon.com: PJ1 13oz Blue Label Motorcycle Chain Lube: Automotive[/ame]

any other recs?

Last edited:

FinalImpact

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
interesting thread as i was just going to buy more cleaner and lube. the cleaner part is easy, the lube has been another story. since only maintaining a chain for around 5,000 miles or so the Champion Chain lube i got at first seemed to work fine, but what a white, waxy, flingable mess! no thank you

so i have nee looking around. this stuff posted seems good, but a little pricey. i don't expect CHEAP ubt it is worth the extra few bucks? this brand also has less expensive bike chain lube people swear by. might those work on 'cycles, too?

right now i am considering this:

Amazon.com: DuPont Teflon Chain-Saver Dry Self-Cleaning Lubricant, 11-Ounce: Sports & Outdoors

or this:

Amazon.com: PJ1 13oz Blue Label Motorcycle Chain Lube: Automotive

any other recs?

I've used the Dupont Chain Savor. Same issue - its great in all regards except really saving the chain from wear. Well, at least from a Free, SMOOTH, Vibration reduction aspect. It doesn't fly off but it doesn't do what I expected either. Surely the best of both worlds is out there. Just have to find it.

FinalImpact

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
See edits in first post....

If you want your bike to remain spotless clean, try something else or find a good way to apply it.

Next attempt may involve a squeeze bottle, a Y fitting and some very small tubing so the lube goes right to the rollers.

This Works great. Bike is Clean and the Chain is Lubed where it needs it! :thumbup:
56133d1424114393-show-us-your-fz-special-tools-img_20150215_132219_902-jpg

Round up stuff like:
Amazoo has these: $9.00 for 10 pack
Industrial Grade Syringes [Syringepk010] | DudaDiesel Biodiesel Supplies

Tygon tubing. I had it
T's, I had
90° I had
22 Ga. Blue, 1.5" Precision Stainless Steel Dispensing Tip, 50/box Part Number: EFD 7018266

Because of the pressure and it being a lubricant, the use NON-LUER lock fitting is not advisable as the tips come off the syringe. Those of you with home made sync kits may be able to use one of those "F" style hose fittings and just super glue the Blue Blunt tip on to that??

Because the plastic T's and Elbows are TOO large to fit into the blunt tip luer lock, take a sharp razor and shave off some corners leaving it Octagon shape. When it pushes on, just secure it with superglue and try not to glue it to your finger tips.

530 and 520 chain spacing will be different. Trim as need before GLUING!

Last edited:

zixaq

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Necroposting because of a link to this in another thread, and the conversation seems more appropriate here.

Anyone have a Scottoiler that has tried running this lube in it? Seems like if application is the issue, that might be the sweet spot.

FinalImpact

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I used a syringe and blunt tip applicator. Worked great but an oiler would do the trick.

FinalImpact

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Another product **NOT** recommended!!!
Product does NOT last!

Bell Ray Super Clean Chain Lubricant

Pros:
Goes on easy with spray tip applicator - point and shoot where you put it.
White and easy to see.
Protects non-contact/no wear chain components from elements.
No fling.

Cons:
Chain rollers and pins appear dry and void of any noticeable protectent.
The rollers rattle on the pins and the chain emits audible noise at less than 100 miles after application.

*does this imply the chain is not protected? Not entirely. Is it a product that lasts 400mi? Not at all as far as wear is concered (IMO). The technology claims to be long lasting full protection for road and dirt bikes but makes no statement about longevity.

I would use it on a bicycle chain but I can not endorse its use for long term use if not applied every 100mi...

You decide if it works for your needs.